Chapter 8 "Kisses and Confetti"

~UNWRITTEN MEMORIES~

————————————————

🌼

|Jungkook’s Perspective|

~⁠☆—♪⁠~⁠(⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠) —⁠☆~

_________________________________________

Every kiss felt like a promise, every laugh a memory in the making”

“Every kiss felt like a promise, every laugh a memory in the making”

In the warmth of her embrace, he found the joy he’d forgotten”

_________________________________________

•A few days later•
•At Jungkook's house•

I groaned softly as I flopped onto my bed, the weight of exhaustion pressing down on me. Arghh, I’m so tired today. My body felt heavy from the multiple part-time jobs I’d been juggling alongside school. When would this all end? When would I finally graduate, get a real job, and stop running around like this?

I closed my eyes, hoping for sleep to wash over me, but just as I was drifting off, the shrill sound of the doorbell cut through the silence.

What the—? I lazily turned my head to check the time. 12:05 a.m. Who on earth would be ringing my doorbell at this time? A slight unease crept into my chest as I sat up. Slowly, I pushed myself out of bed, dragging my tired feet towards the stairs.

The house was dark, save for the dim glow of a lamp in the corner. I reached the front door and cautiously peered through the peephole, expecting to see—well, anything, but there was nothing. Just darkness.

I felt a knot of uncertainty in my stomach as I hesitated. Maybe it’s just a prank? I thought, but curiosity got the better of me. Slowly, I unlocked the door, pulling it open just a crack to peek outside.

Suddenly—

B R U S T 🎉

A loud pop and a burst of confetti exploded in my face, making me flinch and stumble back a step, my heart pounding in my chest.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KOOKIE!!”

I placed a hand over my thumping heart, trying to calm myself as the realization sank in. There, standing on my doorstep, was Y/n, peeking from the side with the biggest, cheekiest grin on her face, holding a party popper in her hand. Tiny bits of colorful paper floated around her like she had just cast some kind of magic spell. Her eyes sparkled with excitement, the kind that instantly lifted the exhaustion I’d been feeling moments ago.