Chapter 7 "Heart's hidden Longing"

🌸

|Jungkook’s Perspective|

~⁠☆—♪⁠~⁠(⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠) —⁠☆~

_________________________________________

The louder I try to pretend, the more my heart betrays me”

“In trying to ingore her, I find myself drawn to her even more”

In trying to ingore her, I find myself drawn to her even more”

_________________________________________

•Flashback•
•August 27th, 2015•

I sat at my usual spot, the one by the window where the sunlight gently poured in, casting a warm glow on the desks. The empty chair next to me, which was usually filled by her presence, only reminded me of how things had changed. It had been over two months, and Y/n had become distant—almost like a stranger. She wasn't giving me the same attention, the attention I had come to rely on without even realizing it. I couldn't help but wonder, what's wrong with her?

Every morning, she'd arrive late, rushing into class with her head down, barely meeting my eyes. And after school? She was gone the second the bell rang, disappearing into the crowd, leaving me standing there—alone. We used to walk home together every single day. I'd wait for her outside the gates, and we'd talk, laugh, or sometimes just share comfortable silence. But now... now she slipped away without a word. It was like she had become a ghost in my life, always just out of reach.

It wasn't just her sudden disappearance after school that gnawed at me, though. These past two months, we barely spoke. Every time I tried to approach her, to ask her what was going on, she'd dodge the question with a smile, changing the subject like nothing was wrong. But I could see it—something was wrong. I just didn’t know what.

Even Yuna and Jimin were clueless. I’d asked them, hoping they might know something, but they only shook their heads. It frustrated me, this invisible wall she had built between us, one that I couldn't break down no matter how hard I tried.

The bell rang sharply, pulling me from my thoughts. I sighed, watching as the teacher entered the room, his voice droning on as the first period began, it was an combine class, but no matter how hard I tried to focus on the lesson, my mind kept wandering back to her. Why is she acting this way? The question lingered, heavy in the air, just like the weight on my chest.

“Sir! May I come in?”

A familiar voice broke through the quiet classroom. I instinctively turned my gaze towards the door, and there she was—Y/n—panting, her chest rising and falling rapidly as she tried to catch her breath. Her face was flushed from the obvious sprint she had taken to make it in time. She must’ve been running again, I thought, though it didn’t surprise me anymore. This had become a routine for her lately.