Chapter 9 "Steps towards You"

~CHASING HEARTS~
———————

🌸

| Y/N’s Perspective |

~⁠☆—♪⁠~⁠(⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠) —⁠☆~

________________________________________

With each glance, our hearts spoke a language of their own”

“Every heartbeat echoed a name he didn't know he was destined to cherish”

_________________________________________

Flashback

•10 years back, 2013•
•In school•

“Look, Y/n, your crush—”

I barely registered Yuna’s words as I glanced up from my book, my eyes searching for him instinctively.

“He’s not my crush—he’s my love!”

I replied, feeling a little flustered. There was always a small thrill in admitting it, even if only to Yuna.

She rolled her eyes, smirking.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever he is to you, but you’re nothing to him, right?”

Her teasing stung just a little, so I retaliated in the only way I knew. I reached over and lightly smacked her head.

“What kind of friend are you, Yuna?”

I asked, trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice, but I couldn’t help but laugh a little.

She grinned at me, unfazed.

“The kind— that tells the truth”

I shook my head, standing up from my seat. The teacher was still facing the whiteboard, droning on about the lesson. This class felt like it was dragging on forever, and the sound of the chalk scratching on the board was making me restless.

Sensing an opportunity, I decided to make my move. The teacher was too focused on her notes to notice anything, so I slowly and silently slipped out of my seat, tiptoeing toward the door. My heart raced, a mixture of excitement and fear of getting caught, but it made this little escape all the more thrilling.

Finally, I made it out of the classroom and breathed a sigh of relief, smiling to myself at my small victory. I turned my head, and there he was—just as I had hoped.

There he is!

The sight of him made my pulse quicken. He stood by his locker, books clutched tightly in his arms, and those glasses perched on his nose—how could someone make even glasses look so perfect? My heart fluttered, and I couldn’t stop the smile from spreading across my face. My poor heart…