Heartbreak

**Disclaimer:**

The names used in this story are borrowed from the original work *Mo Dao Shi* (also known as *The Untamed*) and belong to its rightful creators. However, the storyline and plot are entirely original and belong to me, the author. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, or distribution of my work without explicit permission is an illegal offense and will be subject to legal consequences.

Warning ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️
Lots of characters are in female form so you are not comfortable with it then skip this book.

🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

Months had passed since the grand banquet, and the Celestial Realm continued to buzz with news of promotions and honors. The King of the Celestial Realms had recently bestowed the title of High Goddess upon Nie Huisang, Wen Ning, and Wen Qing, recognizing their unwavering dedication to their duties. Their elevation was met with widespread celebration, yet one god remained without a promotion: Lan Xichen, the God of Arts. Though he hadn't received the same recognition, Lan Xichen was genuinely happy for his friends and continued to support them wholeheartedly, finding joy in their success.

Wei Ying, the High Goddess of Balance, had spent these months immersed in her duties, balancing the forces of the cosmos with a newfound sense of purpose. She had kept her emotions in check, focusing on her responsibilities and trying to suppress the feelings she harbored for Lan Zhan, the High God of Technology. Since the night of the banquet, they had grown closer, sharing moments of companionship that made Wei Ying believe that something special was blossoming between them. However, they never discussed the kiss they shared, and Celine hesitated to bring it up, fearing what the conversation might reveal.

Then, two months later, Wei Ying's world shattered.

It began with whispers in the Celestial Realm, rumors that spread like wildfire. Wei Ying heard the news during one of her routine visits to the lower realms—a conversation between two minor deities that caught her attention. The High God of Technology and the High Goddess of Knowledge were in a relationship. At first, Wei Ying dismissed it as mere gossip, a fabrication of idle minds. But as the rumors grew louder and more detailed, she couldn't ignore them any longer.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she made her way to Lan Zhan's place. She needed to hear the truth from him, to understand what was happening. With every step, her mind raced, clinging to the hope that this was all some kind of misunderstanding. Lan Zhan had never mentioned anything about Mianmian—surely, if they were together, he would have told her.

When she arrived at Lan Zhan's garden, her worst fears were confirmed.

There, in the center of the garden, surrounded by blooming flowers and bathed in the soft glow of the afternoon sun, stood Lan Zhan and Mianmian. They were close, too close, and before Wei Ying could make her presence known, Mianmian leaned in, and their lips met in a tender kiss. Time seemed to stop as Wei Ying watched them, her world crumbling around her.

"Why?" The word escaped her lips before she could stop it, her voice trembling with disbelief and pain.

Lan Zhan and Mianmian broke apart, turning to face her. Lan Zhan's expression was filled with regret, while Mianmian's eyes held a mixture of guilt and sadness.

"Wei Ying..." Lan Zhan began, his voice soft but filled with an apologetic tone. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way."

Wei Ying shook her head, unable to comprehend what she was seeing and hearing. "You said... you said you loved someone but weren't sure if your feelings were returned. Was that all a lie? Was it her you were talking about?"

Lan Zhan hesitated, his gaze dropping to the ground. "I never wanted to hurt you, Wei Ying. But yes, it was Mianmian. I thought I could keep my feelings hidden, but... I love her. I love her more than I ever thought possible."

The pain in his words cut through Wei Ying like a knife. She felt her heart shatter into a thousand pieces, the weight of his confession too much to bear. She had been prepared to face many things in her life, but this—this betrayal from the one she had given her heart to—was something she could never have anticipated.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she took a step back, shaking her head in denial. "No... No, this can't be happening..."

"A-ying, I'm so sorry," Mianmian said, stepping forward, her voice thick with emotion. "I never meant for this to happen. It just... it just did."

But Wei Ying couldn’t hear her. The world around her had turned into a blur of pain and confusion. Without another word, she turned and ran, leaving Lan Zhan and Mianmian behind. She ran as fast as she could, desperate to escape the agony that threatened to consume her.

Tears streamed down her face as she reached her chambers, her sanctuary. She collapsed onto her bed, sobs wracking her body as the reality of the situation set in. The love she thought she had found was nothing more than an illusion, a cruel twist of fate that had left her broken and alone.

Word of Wei Ying's distress quickly spread through the Celestial Realm, reaching the ears of her closest friends. Nie Huisang and Wen Ning, the newly promoted High Goddesses of Justice and Peace, wasted no time. They knew their friend needed them more than ever.

When they arrived at Wei Ying’s chambers, they found her in a state of utter despair. Her silver hair, usually so carefully styled, was disheveled, and her eyes were red and swollen from crying. She was curled up on her bed, clutching a pillow as if it were the only thing keeping her from falling apart completely.

Nie Huisang approached first, sitting on the edge of the bed and gently placing a hand on Wei Ying’s back. “A-Ying,” she said softly, her voice filled with compassion. “We’re here for you. Whatever you need, we’re here.”

Wen Ning knelt beside the bed, her eyes filled with concern. “A-Ying, please talk to us. Let us help you through this.”

Wei Ying lifted her head, her tear-filled eyes meeting those of her friends. The sight of their worried faces only made her cry harder, the pain too much to contain. “I... I thought he loved me,” she managed to say between sobs. “I thought... I thought we had something special.”

“Oh, A-ying,” Nie Huisang whispered, pulling her friend into a comforting embrace. “I’m so sorry. I know how much you cared for him.”

Wen Ning joined the embrace, her heart aching for Wei Ying. “You’re not alone, A-ying. We’re here with you, every step of the way. You’ll get through this, I promise.”

For hours, they stayed with her, offering words of comfort and support. They didn’t leave her side, knowing that in her darkest moments, Wei Ying needed the strength of her friends to help her find her way back to the light. And though the road ahead would be difficult, they were determined to see her through it—together, as they always had been.

Written By LanCeline93
Published Date Oct 05 2024