Prologue: "The Beginning of the End"

The night in the hills surrounding Seras had always held a comforting stillness, but this night was different. An unnatural hush thickened the air, laden with an impending sense of dread. Nestled in the heart of India, Seras was a quaint town where days flowed with the serenity of a mountain stream, and nights wrapped the town in a warm embrace. But tonight, that embrace felt more like a stranglehold.

The ancient forest bordering Seras, with its towering trees like silent sentinels, seemed alive, whispering eerie tales through the rustling leaves. The usual chorus of crickets and nocturnal animals had fallen silent, their instincts warning them of the unseen menace lurking beyond the treeline.
Deep within the forest, an ominous hum began to resonate, growing steadily louder. It was a sound that seemed to vibrate through the earth, a harbinger of something not of this world. The hum crescendoed into a blinding flash of light, momentarily turning night into day.

High above Seras, the sky tore open, revealing a shimmering rift. From this distortion emerged an unseen, palpably malevolent presence. The temperature plummeted, and a chill seeped into the town, as though an invisible force was draining the warmth from the very air.

Blissfully unaware of the impending doom, the townspeople of Seras continued their nightly routines. Lights flickered in cozy homes, casting comforting glows onto narrow, winding streets. Laughter and conversation mingled with the gentle chirping of crickets, creating an atmosphere of tranquility that belied the horrors about to unfold.

In a modest cottage on the edge of town, Maya, a dedicated schoolteacher, closed her lesson plan book and prepared for bed. Her husband, Pranab, and their son, Pratik, played outside under the dim light of a single bulb.

Maya smiled as she watched them. “Time to come in, you two. It’s getting late,” she called out, her voice filled with warmth.

But the night was waiting. The hum returned, louder and more insistent, a relentless warning of the terror to come. Without warning, a spine-chilling shriek echoed through Seras, a sound so alien and horrific that it sent shivers down the spines of all who heard it.

Maya’s heart lurched. “Pranab? Pratik?” she shouted, rushing outside. Her world shattered as she saw the horror before her. Her family lay brutally slaughtered, their bodies grotesquely torn apart. The garden was a macabre scene of blood and gore.

! No!” Maya screamed, her voice raw with grief and terror. She dropped to her knees, sobbing uncontrollably. From behind her, a hideous figure with claws emerged from the shadows. It slaughtered Maya mercilessly, her screams of agony echoing through the town.

The town square erupted in chaos. Panic spread like wildfire as emergency sirens wailed, warning the townspeople. Lights were extinguished, doors slammed shut, and windows were hastily barred. Whispers of fear permeated the air as the townspeople huddled together, hearts pounding.

In the town square, shadows moved with unnatural fluidity, merging with the darkness. Barely visible figures emerged from the fog, their forms shifting and indistinct. A low, guttural growl resonated through the night, the sound of something not of this world.

In a nearby house, Rajesh, a retired soldier, barked orders to his family. “Close the shutters! Lock the doors!” His hands shook as he loaded his rifle, the gravity of the situation sinking in.

In another part of town, Priya clutched her newborn tightly, tears streaming down her face. “Please, stay quiet, little one,” she whispered, rocking her baby gently.

Seras was transformed into a prison of fear and uncertainty. Unseen eyes watched from the shadows, their intentions undeniably sinister. The rift in the sky pulsated, a beacon of malevolence heralding the arrival of an unimaginable horror. All communication with the outside world was severed; Seras had vanished from the satellite map, enveloped in a mysterious fog.

The hum grew louder, a constant reminder of the lurking terror. The townspeople could only wait, their fate intertwined with the mysteries of the forest and the malevolent force that had invaded their home. In the heart of the darkness, something ancient and powerful stirred, its presence a harbinger of doom.

As the night stretched on, the townspeople’s fear escalated. The once peaceful town of Seras stood on the brink of a nightmare, and the true horror was only beginning to unfold. In the silence, the only certainty was that Seras would never be the same again.