Emilys pov

Emilys POV

As I walked beside Valerie, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off with her. She was my best friend, and I had seen her through a million ups and downs, but this felt different. The energy that used to radiate from her had dimmed, and I couldn't help but feel concerned.

"Hey, Val!" I called out, trying to lighten the mood. I could see her forcing a smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. "You're going to be late if you keep walking like that!"

She shrugged, muttering something about losing track of time, but I knew there was more to it. "You okay? You seem a little off."

Her eyes darted away, and I could sense the tension swirling around her. I was worried about her. The fiancé thing was a lot to handle, especially when it seemed like she was questioning everything. I wanted to be the supportive friend, but the reality was that I was curious about what was really going on between her and Liam.

"Just the usual fucking stress, you know? School, projects, and the whole fiancé thing," she said, her voice tinged with frustration. I hated seeing her like this.

"Right," I replied, leaning in closer to her. "You've been kind of quiet lately. Is it about Julien?"

I watched her expression shift. She opened her mouth to speak but hesitated, the words hanging heavy in the air. Finally, she let out a frustrated sigh. "It's complicated as hell. I don't even know where to start."

"Just tell me what's going on. You know I'm here for you," I urged, hoping she'd open up. But even as she tried to articulate her feelings, it was clear she was struggling.

"It's just... I feel like I'm being pulled in two different directions. I'm supposed to marry Julien, and I thought that's what I wanted. But then there's Liam... and I just don't fucking know anymore."

I felt my heart ache for her. She was torn between what she thought was right and what her heart was telling her. I wanted to shake her and tell her to follow her instincts, but I knew that wasn't going to be easy.

"Have you talked to Julien about it?" I asked, hoping that she'd at least consider being honest with him.

"Not really. I don't want to hurt the guy," she admitted, guilt etched on her face. "But it's like... I'm not sure I even know what I want anymore. Sometimes I wish I could just hit pause on everything."

"Val, you can't keep burying your feelings," I said gently. "If you're still feeling something for Liam, you owe it to yourself to explore it. Don't just shove it down because of Julien."

She rolled her eyes, and I could see the conflict churning within her. "Easier said than done," she muttered. "I don't want to hurt anyone. Julien has been there for me, but with Liam, it's like I can't breathe when I'm around him."

That was the crux of it, wasn't it? It was so clear to me that Liam was special to her. They had this undeniable chemistry, and it made sense that she was struggling. I knew she cared about Julien, but the passion she shared with Liam was something different altogether.

As we entered the lecture hall, I noticed Liam sitting in the back, looking broody and intense as usual. I watched Valerie's gaze drift towards him, and it felt like a palpable shift in the room. I could see her eyes light up a little, but then the shadows of doubt would creep back in.

"You've got that dazed-and-confused look on your face again," I teased, nudging her gently. "What's up? You thinking about him?"

"I just... I don't know how to act around him anymore," she confessed. "It feels different. Like, I can't tell if he hates me or still wants me or if it was just a stupid mistake."

"Look, you need to figure out what you want. If you're still feeling something for Liam, you owe it to yourself to explore it. Don't just shove it down because of Julien," I reiterated, hoping she'd hear the urgency in my voice.

As class started, I could feel the tension building. I tried to focus on the lecture, but my thoughts kept wandering back to Valerie. I felt for her—she was standing on the edge of something profound, and it scared the shit out of me. I didn't want her to make the wrong choice, but at the same time, I knew she had to find her own way through this mess.

When the class ended, I watched as she glanced back at Liam again. There was a flicker of something in her eyes, and I knew this moment was pivotal. She had to decide where she wanted to be.

I wanted to shake her and tell her to just go for it, to embrace whatever was blossoming between her and Liam. But I also knew that love was messy, complicated, and never straightforward. As I stood there, I felt the weight of my own uncertainty—what would happen next?

Whatever was brewing in this tangled web of relationships, I hoped Valerie would find the clarity she needed before it was too late. I just hoped that whatever choice she made would lead her toward happiness, even if it wasn't the path I would've chosen for her.