Liams pov

Liam

Liam sat down and saw Valerie walk into the room with Emily. She's so perfect. I want her so bad, he thought to himself.

"Hi," he said in an annoyed tone, trying to cover up the fact that he had been fantasizing about her just two seconds ago.

"Hi to you too," said Valerie, her tone indifferent.

A few minutes passed in silence.

"So, I guess we're partners now, Val," said Liam. He knew she hated it when he called her Val.

"Yeah, very fucking sad," said Valerie with a roll of her eyes.

"Okay, so do you wanna meet up later at your house or something? We can't finish this shit in a 40-minute class," said Liam.

"Why not your house?" asked Valerie.

"My house is getting renovated, that's why," said Liam.

"Okay," said Valerie, sounding unenthusiastic.

Class finally finished, and as they were leaving, Liam said, "Okay, I'll come over in three hours."

"Okay, I guess," said Valerie.

At home

"Ugh, where are you going?" asked Liam's older sister, Ariana.

"I'm going to my classmate's house," said Liam, getting his things together.

"A he or a she?" asked Ariana with curiosity.

"It's a girl, dumbass," said Liam, rolling his eyes.

"How the fuck am I a dumbass? You literally didn't tell me she's a girl," Ariana shot back.

"Oh, woopsies," Liam said sarcastically. "Okay, I have to go now."

"Bye, loser," Ariana called out after him.

At Valerie's house

"Hello," said Valerie as she opened the door.

"Hi," replied Liam.

"Okay, so I did my part of the project, so now you can do yours," said Valerie, handing him the materials.

"Okay," said Liam as he got to work.

A little while later, Liam looked at Valerie's part and said, "Okay, Valerie, I finished my part, but why is there a dead frog here? Isn't it supposed to be dead fish?"

"What the fuck are you on right now? It's supposed to be dead animals that use both the water and the land," said Valerie, glaring at him.

"Oh really? Fuck, I need to redo my part," said Liam, realizing his mistake.

"Okay, I'll make the script now," said Valerie, focused on her task.

"Okay," said Liam, watching her.

Valerie accidentally dropped a paper.

"Oh shit," she muttered.

"I'll pick it up," said Liam, reaching for it.

"No, it's fine," said Valerie, but Liam picked it up anyway. As he handed it to her, he stared at her in a romantic way, and to his surprise, Valerie looked at him the same way. They leaned in and kissed.

Suddenly, Valerie's phone started ringing. The name on the screen read "Julien."

"Oh, look at the time. I guess I gotta go," said Liam quickly, breaking the moment. "Bye, Valerie."

Liam left, leaving Valerie standing there, still processing what just happened.