A Long Conversation

Scott was roaming around in the Subspace Highway, trying to make sense of his life. Where he'd go from here, what he'd accomplish in the span of all the years he's been around. To say that he's been reckless, or abrasive, would be an understatement.

 His impulsive nature and inability to think all the way through have lent him to plenty of scenarios where he's made some questionable decisions. Some that people might argue are pointless, or just straight-up dumb.

As he's walking around, he senses someone in the distance, being a swift fighter, he charges and kicks the person to the floor. He squints and realizes the person he just kicked was Nega Scott. The personification of all his doubts, insecurities, and flaws manifested into a singular entity. Scott groaned knowing this was going to be a long time. "Oh great... you again?! Come on I'm changing. Leave me alone." Scott scoffed.

Nega Scott sighed. "Usually, I would berate you for being a dipshit. Though, I'll give you this you have been to my surprise making actual progress. It's baffling honestly." Scott seemed perplexed. "You're impressed with my efforts? That's a first." Nega Scott snickered. 

"It's a rarity for sure. But, you did apologize to Kim, you've mended things with Envy. And you're acting like a reasonable adult. You're still dumber than a sack of hammers but you're getting there." Nega Scott slowly got himself up.

Scott was thrown off by this change in attitude. "Okay, yeah, I don't think... well like at all. But I'm making an effort that counts for something. I'm good at fighting, not thinking!" Nega Scott snarled. 

"Oh yeah, that's great that you can solve conflict with your fists and not your words! I digress, you're showing signs of improvement. Ones, that I hadn't anticipated actually. You'd have fewer problems if you used your brain more Scott. I'm not sure if you have one half the time though." Scott glared at him.

"Thinking is hard. I rely more on my heart half the time." Scott admitted. "The heart's an interesting thing, Scott, but you can't use it for all of your reasoning and decisions sometimes you need to use your noggin. You have to have a balance of both to get anywhere. The fact that you even have Ramona is a goddamn miracle. If you screw things up with her, I swear you're worse than dumb! You'll be-GRAH! Just don't let her slip away." Scott nodded.

 "I don't intend to." Nega Scott sighed in relief. "You know that you two have problems right? You have abandonment issues, she has attachment issues. You gotta start thinking about a plan B." Scott pondered about it.

"A plan B? I don't think I need one she's the one for me." Scott seemed confident. It made Nega Scott flinch in disgust. "UGH quit being a damn sap! It's revolting! She is merely a problematic person and you're two halves of the same whole. If she leaves you... you're going to be a mess." Scott shook his head. 

"It won't get to that point." Scott seemed annoyed. "How do you know that?" Nega Scott asked. "Because I do... we're done talking." Nega Scott was about to say something else, but before he could Scott was no longer in the Subspace Highway.

He woke from his bed and saw a note from Ramona, reading it aloud. The Canadian took notice of his surroundings, he was in the house he shared with her, though it appeared he was still groggy. Barely remembering the night before but knew that he had gotten her an anniversary gift yesterday. Scott's biggest enemy isn't Gideon Graves, nor is it any of the other seven evil exes for that matter it's himself. A very hard pill to swallow.