two

Chapter Two

October 5, 2024

reeva ✓ 1h

Reeva sat ringside, cloaked in a hooded sweatshirt and oversized sunglasses, trying to remain inconspicuous as she watched the chaos unfold in front of her

Reeva sat ringside, cloaked in a hooded sweatshirt and oversized sunglasses, trying to remain inconspicuous as she watched the chaos unfold in front of her. Tonight was a pivotal night in the wrestling world, a Hell in a Cell match that featured her father, Phil, facing off against Drew McIntyre. The moment the bell rang, the atmosphere shifted. Fans roared with excitement, while Reeva felt a knot form in her stomach. She had always admired her father's prowess in the ring, but witnessing it live brought a new level of intensity—and dread.

As Phil and McIntyre began brawling immediately after the match started, Reeva's heart raced. She felt the impact of each blow, the visceral connection that the audience shared with the fighters. Her father was a veteran in this brutal sport, but that didn't make it easier to watch. McIntyre landed a brutal strike that sent Phil crashing to the mat, and a crimson line began to snake down Phil's forehead as McIntyre mercilessly ground a wrench into the wound. Reeva cringed, unable to tear her eyes away from the sight of her father bleeding. This was the reason Phil had always kept her away from his matches.

Phil, however, was not one to back down easily. Gathering his strength, he grabbed a toolbox and swung it with all his might, striking McIntyre squarely on the head. The impact was immediate, and the crowd erupted as McIntyre staggered, blood now seeping from his own forehead. The sight of two wrestlers, both now wounded, only amplified Reeva's anxiety.

The match progressed with a series of near-falls, each man trading their signature moves—Phil executed a Go To Sleep, while McIntyre responded with a Claymore kick. The crowd was on the edge of their seats, but both men kicked out just in time. As the match intensified, Phil managed to lock McIntyre into a Sharpshooter, but McIntyre would not be easily subdued. In a surprising turn, he hit a superplex on Phil, sending them crashing through a table set up outside the ring.

Reeva felt her heart drop as she watched the spectacle. Each blow felt personal, each strike an echo of her father's struggle. Phil retaliated with another GTS, but McIntyre countered with White Noise on the unforgiving steel steps, an unforgiving reminder of the brutal reality of their profession.

As the match reached its climax, Phil locked McIntyre in an Anaconda Vice, a desperate attempt to secure victory. But the tides turned once more when McIntyre landed a low blow, seizing control. Reeva winced, feeling the sharp pang of pain as she watched her father's expression change from determination to disbelief.

In a moment that felt surreal, McIntyre retrieved a black bag, and the audience collectively gasped. They anticipated thumbtacks, but when he poured the contents over Phil's head, a cascade of colorful bracelet beads spilled out—Phil's cherished friendship bracelet with the letters of his wife, AJ Lee, and their beloved dog, Larry. The crowd's laughter and jeers echoed, but Reeva felt a surge of anger for the mockery of something so personal.