five

Chapter Five

October 11, 2024

Reeva stepped off the plane at Greenville-Spartenburg International Airport, her heart fluttering with a mix of excitement and nerves.

As she scanned the crowd, she spotted Jacob—tall and confident, a broad smile breaking across his face as he waved. Reeva felt a rush of warmth; he was happy to see her.

"Reeva!" Jacob called out, moving through the throng of travelers with an ease that drew her attention.

She rushed towards him, the weight of her Hermes Birkin bag feeling lighter as adrenaline surged through her.

"I honestly thought you weren't going to come for real," he said, wrapping her in a brief embrace. She could feel his relief radiating off him.

Reeva giggled, her earlier nerves dissipating. "I don't know; something about you made me want to come," she teased, arching an eyebrow playfully.

Jacob smirked, his eyes glinting with mischief. "Double meaning," he replied, and she rolled her eyes in mock annoyance, though a smile tugged at her lips.

As they settled into the car, they snapped selfies, capturing the moment. The laughter flowed easily between them, and for a moment, Reeva felt completely at ease, forgetting about the world outside their bubble.

The drive to Bon Secours Wellness Arena was filled with light banter and shared stories, the tension of travel replaced by the warmth of camaraderie.

Upon arriving at the arena, Reeva stepped out, striking a pose for Jacob. "You look good, really good by the way," he said, licking his lips appreciatively.

She twirled for him, her black mini dress hugging her curves just right, combat boots grounding her confidence, and her leather jacket adding an edge to her look.

"Thank you!" Reeva replied, her smile broadening. She loved the way he looked at her like she was something special.

As they entered the arena through the security entrance, Jacob led her to the catering area, where his cousins were already gathered. "Look who I got with me!" he announced proudly.

Trinity stood up, her eyes sparkling. "Oh girl, I know your father is about to have a heart attack," she joked, wrapping Reeva in a warm hug.

Reeva chuckled. "Oh, I already got a speech and signed a new contract," Reeva quipped, her tone light.

"What's in the contract this time?" Pamela inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"When I get married, we have to live on a compound no matter what state," Reeva replied, a playful glint in her eye.

"Damn, Jacob, you about to live in a compound with your in-laws," Sefa teased, eliciting a round of laughter.

Jacob shook his head, his expression half-amused, half-resigned. "How many acres are we talking about?" he asked Reeva, genuinely curious.

She shrugged, a playful smile lingering on her lips. "I don't know."

Joe chuckled. "Don't you think your dad is a little obsessed with you?"

Reeva took a moment, reflecting on the question. "Well, I'm his only child and he almost lost me once. Understandably, he would be worried about losing me or obsessed, as you said," she answered, her voice steady.

Joe raised his hands in mock surrender. "Don't bite my head off."

"Reeva don't play about her pops," Joshua chimed in, eliciting agreement from the others.

"Period," Reeva said, settling onto Jacob's lap, the gesture feeling completely natural. "Now, tonight better not be boring. My fans are tuning in so we can review the show together on my Instagram Live."

Jacob wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. Reeva could feel his warmth radiating against her back. His family exchanged glances, some bemused, others clearly entertained.

"You guys are really comfortable with the PDA," Pamela noted slyly, snapping a picture of them before sending it off to April.

"What? I sit on everyone's lap," Reeva retorted playfully, leaning back against Jacob.

"Oh yeah? Go sit on Tevita's lap," Jon challenged, a smirk on his face.

Jacob tightened his grip around Reeva's waist, a silent yet protective gesture that made her heart skip.

"Y'all saw that grip tighten," Joe observed, his voice full of playful accusation. The room erupted in laughter, the camaraderie infectious.

"Okay, let me go get changed," Jacob said, tapping Reeva's thigh lightly to prompt her to stand. "Come on, baby girl."

"Oh, you taking her to the locker room? Don't be too grown now," Jon teased, and a chorus of childish noises followed. Jacob shot Jon a middle finger, causing another round of laughter.

Reeva felt a thrill at the thought of following Jacob into the locker room. As they walked through the hallways, superstars and staff members passed by, all offering smiles and greetings to Reeva. She returned each acknowledgment politely, feeling the warmth of being in Jacob's world.

"You kinda thick," Reeva remarked, noticing Jacob's physique more closely.

He turned his head, laughter spilling from his lips. "You see it," he replied, a playful glint in his eyes.

Once inside the locker room, Jacob ensured it was empty before ushering Reeva in. "Give me a strip tease," she joked, plopping down on a bench with a mischievous smile.

Jacob shook his head, chuckling as he slowly removed his jacket. Reeva clapped her hands in mock delight, her laughter filling the room as he changed into his wrestling gear.

"Can you wrestle?" he asked, curiosity dancing in his tone.

"Yeah, I can, but I won't if that's what you're asking?" Reeva replied, her expression earnest.

They took turns asking each other questions, getting to know one another even better. "What are you mixed with?" Jacob inquired.

Reeva took a deep breath, her expression turning more serious. "Well, my birth father was South African of Zulu descent, and my birth mother was Samoan and Cape Verdean."

He nodded thoughtfully, then hesitated. "You said was. Are they dead?"

Reeva's heart ached at the question. She nodded, her voice quieter. "After they lost custody of me, they were killed in a car accident."

Jacob's expression softened. "That's how you ended up getting adopted by Phil."

"Yup," she confirmed, a bittersweet smile crossing her face.

The moment hung heavy for a heartbeat before Reeva shifted gears. "Come on, let's film that Upside Down TikTok," she suggested, eager to lighten the mood.

Setting up her phone, she hit record, and Jacob lifted her effortlessly, turning her upside down before playfully executing a wrestling move. Laughter filled the air as they filmed, their chemistry undeniable.

Once they finished, they headed back to the catering area, excitement building as the show's start time approached. "Oh, you two are back!" Sefa remarked, grinning widely at their flushed faces.

"Did you miss us?" Reeva shot back, her tone playful, her eyes sparkling with joy.

"No," Sefa replied, a hint of mischief in his eyes.

As the arena buzzed with anticipation, Reeva couldn't shake the feeling that this night was just the beginning of something wonderful.