𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙

Here comes yet another overly dramatic, clichéd chapter, but maybe someone will want to read it :)

It's a fancy restaurant with white tablecloths and candlelight. The food is exquisite, and the service is professional. Remus and Evelyn are having a wonderful time, talking about everything and nothing. After the fabulous starter and main course, it's time for dessert.

"I told Jennifer about us," Evelyn says, a bit worried that Remus might not like it. But he smiles.

"Okay. I trust your judgment. If you trust your sister, then I trust her as well," he replies. Evelyn feels warm from his trust and genuine kindness.

"But then Alice and Fiona also figured it out... because Alice ran into us at the zoo. I didn't mean for them to find out, but I really don't think they'll go around telling anyone," Evelyn continues. Remus looks a bit more concerned.

"We'll have to be more careful going forward. No kisses at Hogwarts... we'll have to wait until you finish school." Remus had greeted her with a big kiss before they entered the restaurant. And there would be more kisses. Evelyn doesn't believe for a second that he'll be able to control himself once they're back at Hogwarts, nor that she won't be able to convince him to make exceptions. Every day.

"Yes, you're right, Remus. No kisses at Hogwarts," Evelyn says seriously. Remus nods, satisfied.

"Have you told anyone about..." He lowers his voice. "The werewolf thing?"

Evelyn shakes her head.

"No. It's not my secret, so I won't tell anyone," she answers quietly.

"But, how does that Wolfsbane Potion work, anyway? We've read a bit about it in Potions class, but it wasn't very detailed," she asks, whispering.

"Snape is the only one at Hogwarts who can brew it."

"So he knows you're a werewolf?"

"Yes..."

Maybe Snape has already told Jennifer that Remus is a werewolf, Evelyn thinks.

"Okay."

"I take the potion a week before the full moon every month. Then, on the night of the full moon, I can lock myself in my office without going mad. The potion keeps me calm and clear-headed. So I can just lie there like a tame dog all night, and no one notices anything... It used to be worse, before the Wolfsbane Potion..." Remus murmurs.

"What happened then?" Evelyn asks quietly. Remus sighs deeply.

"You know the Shrieking Shack? That shack was built for me when I started at Hogwarts. I would lock myself in there every full moon so I wouldn't hurt anyone... But it was terrible... I would tear myself apart instead, biting and scratching myself. And the whole house, as you saw..." he whispers.

This explains SO much. That's how the scars on his body appeared. Suddenly, everything makes sense.

"That's horrible," Evelyn says sorrowfully. She takes Remus's hand across the table.

After dessert, they sit for a while, digesting the meal, satisfied and content. Then they stroll through the streets. They pass a couple walking hand in hand, the woman pushing a stroller. In the stroller is a baby wearing a onesie with ears on the hood, making it look like a little bear cub.

"Oh, how cute!" exclaims Evelyn, stopping. "Is it a boy or a girl?" The parents smile proudly.

"A boy."

Evelyn coos over the baby for a while. He's so incredibly small and adorably sweet!

They continue walking, Evelyn wearing a silly smile.