𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

It's Evelyn's birthday!! Her seventeenth birthday. She is seventeen years old! She is of age! A day that felt magical, a portal to adulthood. Evelyn felt it in every fiber of her being as she stood in front of the mirror; a new and exciting world lay ahead of her. The thought of being of age and all that it entailed made her heart sing with joy. The thought of Remus and what they could become together made her weak in the knees. To be able to have a relationship, openly, without needing to sneak around and whisper. To show the whole world that he is HERS. The thought of the wonderful future they would have together made her heart sing with happiness and her eyes sparkle. Her parents didn't want to let her go today. They were going to celebrate her and Jennifer! But she managed to convince them (plus she is of age now) to let her go out for a while during the day, and they would celebrate properly together in the evening.

Evelyn had dressed in a soft, white dress that reached down to her knees. The dress was adorned with small, detailed floral patterns that gave an air of elegance and youthfulness. It was both airy and light, perfect for a warm day, and had thin shoulder straps that accentuated her straight shoulders. To complete the look, she wore a gray cardigan, something she could put on to protect herself against the cool breeze later while walking. Her red hair fell in soft waves down to her chest, and her jewelry was subtle – a pair of small silver earrings and a bracelet with a tiny charm shaped like a mirror.

On her feet, she wore simple white ballerina sandals that made her feel both comfortable and cute. Her entire appearance radiated an innocent charm that made her look even more radiant on her birthday.

Evelyn meets Remus at a cozy little café with red and white checkered tablecloths and climbing plants.

"Congratulations, darling," Remus says, giving her a long hug.

"You haven't called me that before," Evelyn replies, pleasantly surprised.

"Yeah, I know... But you're seventeen now, so I thought it might be okay..." Evelyn has no plans to correct him or argue.

They order, and Remus insists on treating her. Evelyn chooses her favorite chocolate cake, while Remus opts for pecan pie. They drink tea with their desserts.

They eat, talk, and laugh for a while. Then Remus pulls out a small wrapped package.

"Here you go," he says, handing it to her.

"Thank you," Evelyn responds. The package contains a small silver mirror with intricate leaf and flower patterns.

"It's beautiful," Evelyn says.

"It's not an ordinary mirror. With this, you can talk to me whenever you want. I have the other mirror of the pair..."

"Oh! Thank you so much, Remus!" exclaims Evelyn. Such mirrors are quite rare, even in the wizarding world. That Remus had given one to her meant a lot.

"Then I was wondering if I could take you out for dinner? To a nice restaurant, sometime next week or so... as a date. Uh, between friends. Kind of."

"I would love to have dinner with you," Evelyn says, smiling.

Afterward, they go to a park. It's a bit chilly and windy, and Evelyn wishes she had brought a thicker cardigan. The rose bushes smell lovely, and squirrels leap from branch to branch. In a secluded corner of the park, where the vegetation creates a little room for the two of them, Evelyn takes Remus's hand and stops him.

"I've already received presents, but do you know what I wish for the most? It's my seventeenth birthday, and I'm of age and everything..." she whispers. She stands on her toes and lets her lips brush against his for a moment. They gaze into each other's eyes. Then Remus cradles her face in both his hands and brings her lips to his. They kiss each other hungrily. A fire spreads within them. They long for more. The kiss deepens increasingly. After resisting their desires for almost two years, this final surrender is heavenly. They have denied each other for so long, but now they can finally let go of all reservations, enjoy each other, and taste the sweetness of their lips. The air, which had felt cool before, no longer bothers them. The heat from the kiss warms them both. Their hearts beat in sync, creating a sound like a choir of angels. They have never felt so connected to anyone before. Their souls belong together. Nothing has ever felt so RIGHT. It feels as if it's just the two of them in the entire universe. No one else exists.