Chapter 10: Secrets Under the Stars

The night air was thick with tension after Kate walked away from Niklaus and Celeste. Niklaus stood by the water, watching her disappear into the distance, his chest tightening with a mix of frustration and confusion. Celeste sauntered closer, sensing the moment but not quite grasping its weight.

"You shouldn't let her get under your skin," Celeste said smoothly, wrapping her arms around herself. "She's just a girl from the province, Niklaus. She's not your type. You know that."

Niklaus clenched his jaw, clearly annoyed. "Celeste, hindi ko na kailangan ng unsolicited advice. Why are you really here?"

Celeste flashed him a disarming smile, but it didn't reach her eyes. "I told you. We never got proper closure, Niklaus. I came because I wanted to see if there's still something between us."

"Celeste," Niklaus sighed, stepping back. "There's nothing left. You know that. And if this is some kind of game—"

"Game? No, Niklaus," Celeste interrupted, her voice lowering. "But maybe there's more you don't know about. More... we need to talk about."

Niklaus frowned, unsure of what she meant. But before Celeste could explain further, Lukas came running from the resort, his face lit with excitement. "Bro! You won't believe who just checked in—"

"Not now, Lukas," Niklaus said, his voice laced with irritation.

"No, no, seriously, you'll want to see this!" Lukas insisted, grabbing his arm and pulling him toward the resort entrance.