Chapter 14: Secrets Unraveled

The tension in the air was so thick, it could be cut with a knife. Niklaus, torn between revealing the truth and protecting Kate, stood frozen. Matteo watched with a smirk, clearly enjoying the chaos he was stirring up. And Celeste—well, she looked like she had her own secrets to tell.

But before anyone could say another word, a loud voice broke the silence.

"Hoooyyy, Kate! Ano 'tong chismis na hindi mo sinasabi sa akin?! May pa-drama ka pala dito!"

Everyone turned to see a woman walking up to the bonfire with a huge grin on her face. She was a breath of fresh air in the middle of all the tension—a ball of energy in denim shorts, sneakers, and a colorful crop top. This was Gia, Kate's bubbly, "kalog" best friend from the province, always ready to lighten the mood.

"Gia?!" Kate exclaimed, her face lighting up with a mix of surprise and relief.

"Beshie, surprise!" Gia exclaimed, running to give her a tight hug. "Wala kang planong i-text man lang ang best friend mo? Hala ka!"

Kate chuckled nervously. "Sorry, Gia. Ang dami kasing nangyayari dito."

"Oh, I see! Kasi naman, ang daming pogi dito. Ano ba yan, mayaman na, gwapo pa," Gia said, pointing at Niklaus and Matteo while winking. "Wait, sino 'tong mga ito? New friends? Or... more than friends?"

Niklaus and Matteo exchanged confused glances, while Lukas, who had been silently observing the whole situation, burst out laughing. "This is going to be interesting," Lukas whispered to Niklaus, shaking his head with a grin.

Gia wasn't done yet. "Kaya pala ang tahimik mo, Kate! Ikaw pala 'tong nasa gitna ng isang love triangle! Ay, ang juicy ng kwento dito! Tell me everything!"

Kate couldn't help but laugh, feeling a bit of the tension lift, but Niklaus' serious expression didn't falter. He cleared his throat, trying to steer the conversation back to the matter at hand. "Kate, we really need to talk about—"

"Ano ba, Niklaus! Huwag masyadong seryoso," Gia interrupted, throwing her arm around Kate's shoulder. "Kaya nga ako nandito, para gawing mas masaya ang buhay ng beshie ko. Kayo ha, wag niyo namang gawing drama serye ang buhay niya!"

Everyone chuckled, even Celeste cracked a small smile. But then Gia looked at Matteo, her expression changing into mock seriousness. "Pero teka, bakit parang ikaw yung kontrabida dito, kuya? Taga-saan ka ba?"

Matteo raised an eyebrow, clearly amused by Gia's boldness. "I'm Matteo. Cousin ni Niklaus."

Gia leaned in closer to Kate, whispering loudly enough for everyone to hear, "Hala besh, parang dangerous ito. Yung tipong may plot twist!"

Matteo's grin widened. "Oh, there's definitely a plot twist, alright."