Chapter 24

Atlanta GAWeek later Rehabilitation center

Atlanta GA
Week later
Rehabilitation center

Kior sat in the visitors chair patiently waiting for them to call his mom's name. They had been there for 30 minutes and so far so it had been silence in the room besides a few people talking lowly. Kior was slowly but surely was starting to grow impatient waiting on his mom. He hadn't ate breakfast yet and the smell of the place was irritating him.

"Mr. Jones" snapping out of his thoughts he lifted his head that was on his dads shoulder. "Stay right here Ki" Zamari said sternly while getting up to go to the front where an older white lady called him. "Um miss Nyla said she doesn't want any visitors" she said looking up from her computer. It was common for residents to not want guests or not wanting to leave but she seen Kior and Zamari come in and each time they left without seeing her.

"Man this the third time i been here and yall said that shit" he said getting frustrated with her and the worker. "I understand that but it's not up to me it's her I can't force her to have visitors sir" she said trying to get him to understand. "Can you just tell her that her son wanna see her" he said blowing out a breath. Even tho he was mad he knew it wasn't they fault but Manyla was definitely starting to piss him off. Kiors attitude was definitely starting to show since he hadn't seen his mom in 3 weeks.

The last time he actually did see her she was doing good so Zamari was confused on what the problem was but both Kior and Zamari where growing impatient. "Of course" she said getting up. Zamari stood there waiting for her to come back. "She said to tell you stop bring him here and stop coming" she said quoting what Manyla just told her. "The fuck she mean bra" Zamari said rubbing his hand down his face.

Zamari walked away, grabbed Kior and left. After putting him in his car seat, he started his drive to get him some food. "Dad" Kior quietly said "bug I don't know what's up with your mom" Zamari said honestly since he knew that's what he wanted to talked about. Kior wasn't a dumb kid and was incredibly smart for his age so he knew something was wrong with him mom but he still needed her and wanted her badly this whole thing was starting to get to him.

"My mommy don't love me no more?" He asked, his lips quivering "she do love you Ki dont say that she just .. man i don't know" he didn't know how to explain to him that his mom was druggie. "o-okay" he said whipping his face sniffing. "Don't cry Ki we gone go to Nana house today and have fun okay?" Kior rolled his eyes at the mention of Nahalia, don't get him wrong he loved her but he felt like she was trying to take him mom's place or something.

"Why you rolling your eyes?" Zamari asked putting his full attention on him now. "I don't wanna see Nana I wanna go home" he muttered lowly. "Why?" Zamari asked him genuinely "she took my mommy" he said tears falling down from his face. "No she didn't bug" Zamari was confused on where he got that from but honestly it was the only thing his 5 year old brain could come up with. One day she popped up and his mom disappeared.

"Yes she did" he said crying harder. Zamari was genuinely confused to where he got this from. "Why would you think that Ki?" Zamari said trying to see where he was coming from. "My mommy left and she here" he said sniffing. "She's here because she want to be Ki because she love you she don't want to take your mom place she knows she not your mom bug" he said trying to reassure him. "So why can't I see my mommy?" He asked the one question Zamari was trynna dodge.

"Your mom is doing stuff that you just can't be around Ki, i don't wanna keep her from you but she doesn't want to see you or me right now" he said explaining it to him the best way he could, still being honest. Kior didn't say anything back, nor at all for the rest of the ride to Nahalias condo. "come on bug" Kior didn't say anything, unbuckling his seat belt and got out walking next to his dad.

"Hey baby" Zamari said kissing Nahalia forehead once he made it to the kitchen. Nahalia was making steak, potatoes and asparagus. "Did he see her?" She asked "naw said she want visitors again" he shrugged "awww my poor baby" she said feeling so bad for Kior. "Yea he think it's your fault tho" he said and she turnt her attention all the way towards him. "What you mean?" She said back "well he basically said you came and his mom left so he feel like your taking her" he said shrugging.

"But I told him that you just want to be here for him because you love him and you ain't trynna be his mom" he said reassuring her before she could overthink it. "Is that why he haven't talk to me?" She asked "yea probably" he said and she rolled her eyes "I'm sorry ma but I don't know how to deal with this man, im used to calling Manyla about serious shit with Ki this shit killing me that I can't coparent like we used to"

"I'm sorry baby I understand" Nahalia said understanding that he was just used to having a second person to help him with Ki. "It's harder than I thought without her" he said honestly. Nahalia was feeling bad because she felt like she wasn't doing enough to help him, but she also didn't want to overstep. "I'm always here to help Azir don't forget that" she said reassuring him. "I love you" he said after kissing her "I love you more" she said back, Zamari couldn't see his life without her.

"Go get Ki" she said after kissing him the last time. He walked down the hallway to the guest room in Nahalia condo that had quickly become Kiors own room, once Nahalia took him to decorate it and bought more than enough clothes for him. "Ki come eat" Zamari said once he opened the door. Kior didn't say anything, getting up and walking past his dad to go to the kitchen.

Kior was really mad at his or Nahalia but he just didn't feel like talking nor had anything to say. "Hi bug" Nahalia said once she seen him walk in the kitchen and sit on the island counter. "Hi" he said laying his down "do you want juice or soda?" She asked after opening the fridge. "Juice" he said lowly but loud enough for her to hear. She gave him the cup of juice and sat his plate down "thank you" he said, "you welcome bug" she said then kissed his cheek, and grabbed her and Zamari plate to walk in the living room.

Nahalia didn't see him in the living room so she sat their stuff down and walked down the hallway. "Yea thanks .. bye" Zamari said ending a call. "What's wrong?" Nahalia asked once she seen his facial expression. It wasn't a sad one more of a shocked of stuck one.

"Manyla dead"

VOTE!!!!!
a lil short buttt WTF YALL