Project 2703, known as the "monster" to her peers, stood at the center of the training room, sweat dripping from her forehead as she finished her combat routine. Her movements were sharp, precise, and deadly. The room was silent, except for her measured breathing. Other trainees watched her from a distance, their eyes wide with fear and awe.

The head of the Company entered the room with a slow clap.

"Impressive, 2703. As always."

She spoke, her eyes cold, her voice steady

"What do you want, sir?"

The head of the Company smiled, but his expression was unreadable.

"Straight to the point. I like that about you. We’ve been monitoring your progress, and it seems you’ve surpassed all expectations. Your fighting skills are unparalleled. I don’t think there’s anyone who can stand against you now."

She said with a slight smirk.

"No one has defeated me. They wouldn’t dare."

The other projects standing nearby exchange nervous glances, stepping back slightly. 2703’s reputation as a deadly fighter preceded her, and no one wanted to be the next to face her wrath.

The head of the Company said

"That’s exactly why I’m giving you specialized training from now on. You’re going to be our secret weapon in something... bigger. I’ll need you to be at your best."

She turns away, her expression unreadable. Her heightened senses—her acute hearing, her powerful sense of smell—could pick up every breath in the room, every heartbeat. But none of that mattered. All she cared about was honing her skills further.

2703 said with her voice low, almost to herself.

"I’m ready for whatever comes. They can try, but they will never defeat me."

Head of the Company said walking away.

"Good. Keep that fire burning. It’ll take you far."

As the Head of the Company leaves, the other trainees remain silent, their eyes lingering on her, whose cold demeanor makes it clear—she is a force they cannot reckon with. Lalisa clenches her fists, feeling the power in her body, the strength she had earned through pain, discipline, and relentless training.

She whispered with a scoff.

"I will take you far, bitch."

Flashback

The little girl with doe eyes with crystal grey pupils sparkling and wavy brown hair is playing with her cat, Luca, in the living room. The two are having an imaginary conversation.

Girl Giggled

"Luca, do you love me?"

Luca Meows loudly.

The girl nods with a serious expression

"Mmm, I know you love me much!"

From the kitchen, her mother calls out.

"Baby, come here! Dinner's ready!"

She grabs Luca in one hand

"Come on, Luca, let’s go!"

She runs to the kitchen, holding the cat, her little feet pattering on the floor.

Mother smiled but was concerned.

"Baby, don’t run, honey. What if you fall?"

The girl Confidently said.

"But, Mama, I’m strong! I won't fall, I promise!"