Chapter Two: The Host Club's new maid

I got ready for school, getting dressed in pretty much the same thing as yesterday, but without the sweater. My paint covered shirt showed proudly and my face probably had a bit of paint on it, somewhere. I shrugged and decided I was late enough. I ran to the car, skipping breakfast, I knew I'd regret that later but I didn't want to be late! I wanted to walk with Haruhi to her class and anywhere else she needed to go. I got there and ran up to the club room, I saw Haruhi walking there as well! "Haruhi!" I called and she stopped and smiled over to me. "Hey Hina, you going my way?" "Is there any other way?" I asked and slung my arm around her and she smiled.

Once we got there the boys were talking about a ball, all about this ball. "Do you two girls know how to dance?" Kyoya asked, we looked at one another, "does it matter?" Haruhi asked, "yes! If you want to be apart of this club so badly then you must dance! Or else you'll go back to being the host club's dog." Tamaki said, "well in any case, no, we don't know how to formally dance, I can't dance so I'm a hopeless cause-" I started and everyone sighed, "let's get Koniko to teach Haruhi... one of us can teach Hina." Kyoya said. Tamaki began to sulk because he couldn't dance with Haruhi. "I sware to god, I was genetically born with two left feet... well not really. I can't even sway to beats." I said and Tamaki watched me, "here, it's easy." He said and took my hand and pulled me around the room. I watched my feet, "it's better if you look at your partner." He said and I looked up for a split second and I tripped over my feet. "Haruhi! Help! The world is upside down!" I called and Mori picked me up and placed me uptight, apparently I was just on a couch. "Oh, thank you Mori-sempai." I said and smiled up to him. The bell rang and it was time for us to got to class. I sighed and hugged Haruhi, she smiled and hugged me back and I kissed her, cheek. "I'll see you at lunch super star." I said before dashing off.

I sat down in my class, getting there before Tamaki or Kyoya. I waited impatiently for the bell to ring and I began to do a random doodle. Alright, not so much doodle but draw, and not so random but a flower, it was a morning glory I think.

Class started, went painfully slow, and then ended. Not long after it was lunch time. I bolted and went to get my lunch. I grabbed some sea food and went to Haruhi's classroom. I saw that she was waiting for me, watching the clouds roll in the sky. I kissed the top of her head, "hey super star. How's everything?" I asked and sat down. She smiled slowly before opening her bento. "So far school. We're closing the club today so we can learn how to dance." Haruhi said, her lunch consisted of a small portion of rice, tuna, small seaweed wraps with wasabi, and some steamed carrots. I raised a shrimp I had on my plate to her mouth. She smiled before eating it and had sparkles in her eyes. I enjoyed the moment, Haruhi being happy. When we were small, I loved seeing her happy. When the family got together I always tried to make to smile, laugh, and be genuinely happy. But we didn't know what was going on when the family got together. They didn't like Haruhi's father, because he was a transvestite. And after Haruhi's mother died... after I made my promise... "Hina? Your doing it again." Haruhi said, "doing what?" I asked with a chuckle. "Staring." I patted the top of her head, "sorry, sorry." She raised a wrap and I ate it right away. "Love you Haruhi." I said, lightly so others wouldn't hear. "I love you two Hina..." Haruhi said before eating her lunch, we both did. I told her jokes to make her laugh and we reminisced over the past. "Remember when we were little, that time we got lost in that little woodland?" She asked and I smiled, "how can I forget! I said not to trust sugar houses!" I said and she laughed again, "so you did, God our parents were worried weren't they?" Haruhi said and I nodded, "they thought we ran away. God, parents can be so one track minded." She smiled once more before the bell rang. I sighed and hugged Haruhi, "I'll see you soon." I said and walked out of the classroom.

Art class was now doing even more still life. We went to the rose garden but I was busy drawing a small daisy that was in the field about the maze like garden. I challenged myself to not use the white coloured pencil and to use other colours to make white... Alright so my white was broken and I was lazy. Sue me, it turned out great! I never knew I had it in me! I handed it into the teacher and she sent me back to the room to pack up. I grabbed my stuff and left as the bell rang. I jumped up the stairs to the host club and opened the door. I was the first one there! I smiled and hid behind the door and waited for Haruhi. Tamaki and Kyoya came in and asked me what I was doing. "Shush, you'll see." I whispered and waited. Finally Haruhi came and I snuck up behind her. I began to tickle her sides causing her to laugh uncontrollably, we both were soon giggling messes. "Why do you act like that Hina?" Kyoya asked, probably not impressed with my actions. "To tell you the truth," I said and stood up, helping Haruhi stand up as well, "I'm very, very selfish and want to hear Haruhi laugh. Seeing Haruhi happy, makes me happy." I said and patted her head. Tamaki was reduced to tears. He then went on about something and began muttering to himself... he's rather... interesting? Tamaki grabbed my hand and pulled me along. This time I looked up to him, his purple eyes showed me something, hidden sadness, it was locked away and buried deep. It was a memory that grown ups can't see, the sadness that was hidden within the overpowering happiness. "There, see? Your dancing." Tamaki whispered, he had a tear, hidden in his eye, I wonder why?

Haruhi tripped over her own feet and fell into the girl that was helping her dance. Soon they were having tea, I was doodling, getting bord of the innocent romance between the guy with the tea cups and the girl who helped Haruhi to dance. After they both left I sat down with Haruhi and poked her cheek. "Hey, you have paint in your hair." Hikaru said. "Oh, what colour?" I asked and tussled my hair, "I guess it's like... light purplish?" "Oh, I was working with mauve this morning." "What do your paintings look like?" Kaoru asked, "like the doodles I do on... my books..." I yawned, "you tired, Hina-chan?" Honey asked, "not that I'm aware of..." I said and snuggled Haruhi. "How come Hina can hug you Haruhi but your daddy can't?" Tamaki demanded, "Tamaki, your not my dad, I already have one." She said and I smiled, "I can hug her because I'm a selfish bugger." I said and Haruhi shook her head before the bell rang, signaling that it was the end of school. "See you tomorrow for the dance." Tamaki said as he left, Honey and Mori already left. I helped Haruhi up and she smiled at me before leaving. Everyone left before me and I sighed and soon left myself, turning off the lights.

I got home and went to my room, seeing photos of Haruhi and I when we're little and there was one photo of three. Haruhi in a cute white and brown dress, her long hair down with a flower crown with a small smile, me and my short brown hair, paint coloured overalls, with a flower crown, a large smile spread across my face, and my younger sister, long, thin white hair, near blue eyes with a light blue dress and a flower crown, she had sickly white skin, this was before we were told about her condition, before her heart failed her, before she died. That's my selfish reason for being with Haruhi, I treat her like the younger sister I lost.