Chapter Ten: Tell me, Trust me, Love me

"There's something we need to tell you." I said and Haruhi looked up to me, shocked. "Do you all remember that little girl in the photo with Haruhi and I?" I asked and they nodded. "She was my younger sister. Us three were inseparable, but we lost her on her seventh birthday. Not long after did we loose Haruhi's mother." I said and rubbed Haruhi's back, "oh..." the twins said and Honey began to cry, Tamaki wrapped an arm around my shoulders and rubbed Haruhi's back with his other. "And this is a sign of trust boys. Haru-Haru and I haven't told anyone before..." I said and leaned into Tamaki, forcing myself not to cry. I bit my lip and cleared my throat, "will you excuse me a moment?" I slipped away and walked into another room as I felt the tears roll down my cheeks. I took a deep breath as I tried to rid myself of these confusing tears. "If you trust us then let us help you." Tamaki said and hugged me. I turned in his grasp and looked deep into his eyes. I looped my arms around his shoulders and buried my head in his chest. I wasn't crying anymore, but I like him holding me, his sent of roses and soap. Soon the day was over and when we came out everyone was gone and there was a note.
It seemed like you guys were having a moment, didn't want to ruin it so we left.

I smiled and and set the note back down, "so, I was wondering, have we told anyone about there being a hostess? I should do something when I'm here other than the normal things." I said and Tamaki shook his head, "no, not yet, we plan on telling them in a few months or so, maybe after summer break." Tamaki said and grabbed his bag. "We better get going." He said and I nodded.

His driver couldn't pick him up because he was driving his father to a place. "Here, I can drive you to your house or you can stay at my house till your driver can pick you up." He smiled and nodded, he was now acting like the not so cool headed Tamaki I know and love... Love? Yeah sure, he's a great friend! Of course I love him. "Which one is it?" I asked as we got into my car. "I'll just stay with you for the time being." He said, smiling over to me. I chuckled and nodded, "Righty-o."

When we got to my house he gave a nervous laugh, "I keep forgetting your family is actually quite important." I shrugged, "yeah, I don't make a big deal about it." "How come your on an art deal?" I shrugged, "they asked and I accepted, I was going there anyway but might as well. It's also easy to keep that art deal seeing how it comes as second nature to me." I said and opened my bedroom door to throw my bag in there but then Tamaki gasped and ran inside my room, it was covered in paintings on the walls, it looked like an open field with flowers, "sometimes I forget I painted that and I wake up, wondering if I'm still sleeping." I said and his eye caught on one of my most recent ones. It was Tamaki, leaning down and touching a white rose. I blushed and looked away from his gaze. "How come you painted me?" Tamaki asked, "your not falling for me are you?" I looked back at him, he didn't seem to be joking. "Kyoya asked me to draw and paint you guys, it's been what I've been doing." "How come the other hosts aren't around then?" Tamaki asked and placed one of his slender fingers under my chin and pulled it up so I would look at him. "I haven't gotten around to them yet." I said, my heart ringing in my ears, why? He's my friend! My body and heart shouldn't act like this! "Is that your excuse?" He whispered against my lips. I've seen this move before, he sometime would pull it on a customer, but never this close! "The club hours are over Tamaki, you don't need to do this." I said but he didn't back off, if it was possible, he got closer! "Hina, I know that this was a confusing day, and I don't want to make it anymore confusing. But I don't want to be your friend anymore." A pile of anger and sadness clawed up my throat. I wanted to push him away, I wanted to say hurtful words to him but... I wouldn't, I couldn't. "Oh, alright. I see, fine." I said, taking a step back. "I don't think you understand what I'm saying." Tamaki said and grabbed my hand gently, "Hina, I don't want to be your friend because I don't like you, I don't want to be your friend because I want to be something more than "just friends"... do you get at what I'm trying to say?" His face was bright red and he was mumbling. "Oh, you want to be best friends?" I said and he shook his head. I thought for a moment. What's more than best friends? I don't think he'd want to adopt me into his family and become my brother, I really doubt that. "Then I don't really get it? What are you trying to say Tamaki?" He mumbled something, poking his index fingers together. I lifted his chin so he wasn't looking at the ground. "I can't hear you." I said and he took a deep breath. "I want to be your boyfriend!"

... (the ding of realization) ...

What?