Chapter 1: Panthereal Shiva

Isrina and the group shivered as Kyrinna, the Cerulean Countess, stepped towards them.

"Enbu Fenix! Burn away all unrighteousness!" Oreic played his saxophone to summon his phoenix to attack the Countess.

The group gasped when Kyrinna chanted in Japanese. "Panthereal Shiva: Panthyos Dharma!"

Kyrinna smashed her fists into the ground, summoning a dense icy mist that morphed into a roaring icicle panther. When Enbu Fenix and the panther attacked each other, they exploded into a catastrophe of fire and ice.

As Isrina and the families ran, they heard booming engines from the other side of the library. The same hammerhead gunship Naphthien plucked an eye off grinned and fired at them. While Naphthien thrashed her long whips to protect the group from the attack, Rahim fired his shotgun to blast the other eye off. The hammerhead toppled and crashed inside the lobby.

"You guys, alright?" Oreic coughed from the debris.

"A-alive," Rahim breathed heavily.

"Panthereal Shiva. No doubt, that's Sychrom's daughter, Kyrinna," Isrina brushed her hair off the rubble. "My Little Chickadee? Where are you?"

Shien was nowhere to be seen.

"How can that be?" Oreic helped Isrina look for Shien. "He was with me!"

Everyone looked to find Kyrinna walking outside with Shien on her back.

"My Little Chickadee!" Isrina chased Kyrinna. "Give him back!"

"What the heck?" Oreic ran with her. "She's after Shien?"

"Why would she take Shien?" Nashura drew her sabers.

The fallen gunship's rib cage opened to release crusader droids that fired their rifles at the Shuruukos. As Niode and his wife huddled in fear, the Murhavs stayed behind to protect them while Isrina and Oreic looked for Shien.

"Shien!" Nashura blocked a laser shot.

"Isrina and I will get him!" Oreic instructed. "Watch over the Shuruukos!"

Isrina growled, running across the wall of a hotel and launching herself at Kyrinna. "Avian Form: Kingfisher's Axe!"

The Countess dodged the downswing kick, but Isrina swiped her leg across Kyrinna's feet. Kyrinna fell as Shien rolled on the street. Oreic ran after him but was stopped by two White Death guards. The pale bull-horned droids wielded electric bo staffs and wore laser-edged capes like the Reaper Squad. As the droids fought Oreic staff to staff, Isrina ran after Shien.

"Panthereal Shiva: Thundering Ramuh!" Kyrinna stomped the ground to make it crack with icy fissures.

The icicle crater made Isrina tumble as freezing quartz trapped Shien in a prison.

"What do you want with my Little Chickadee?" Isrina spat. "Give him back!"

"Panthereal Shiva: Enkindled Nirvana!" Kyrinna summoned an ice katana and swung it at Isrina's neck.

"Avian Form: Wryneck Scythe!" Isrina slashed her palm through the sword to break it.

Isrina positioned her elbows in Bong Sao as Kyrinna held one palm and fist in Jut Sao, guarding the ice prison. The Cerulean Countess held her palm and fist together in the Bao Quan Li martial arts greeting.

"Qing," Isrina replied in Mandarin and held her fist and palm together.

As the snowy wind blew, a grand duel between the Avian Form and Panthereal Shiva began.

***

Master Oreic struck his elbow on a White Death guard's head to crush its skull before disarming the other. The remaining droid guard kicked Oreic's weapon off and held its palms in Wu Sao. Oreic and the droid chain-punched each other until the droid swiped its bladed cape at his head. Oreic ducked and high-kicked the guard's head off its neck.