Chapter 8: Into the Archkaos

"Hello, Isrina, my dear friend," A sweet voice echoed in the infinite redness.

Isrina saw a shadowy-skinned Vulpi who had bloody pentagrams as pupils. He wore a dark robe and a necklace decorated with blood-stained ribs. In the center of his forehead was a peculiar scorpion symbol.

"Who are you?" Isrina positioned her elbows in Bong Sao.

"An angel, dear friend," The figure's face melted, revealing a sharp-toothed smile through his skin's pores. "The name's Iagen. Master Iagen."

"Y-you're a Vultau master?"

"I was, but I'm no longer naive to serve in their pitiful order."

"What do you want?"

"Don't fear, o friend of mine. I know you're a battle-hardened mother. You want the best for your son, and I respect that," Master Iagen folded his long, skeletal fingers together. "My dear friend, I know you're angry at Fanghui for killing your family and endangering Shien's life."

"Your point?"

"Vultau have magics, yes? But what if I told you there is magic beyond that? Spells that could resurrect your husband, sisters, and nephews so Shien isn't lonely. Magic that can make Fanghui pay. I can teach you such powers!"

Isrina's heart raced.

"Together, we can help Shien live a happy, peaceful life. You can fulfill your dream to travel around the world with your Little Chickadee and explore birds together. Dear friend, you could even take Shien back to your homeland of Taipei!"

Isrina was speechless, for Iagen listed everything she longed for.

She looked into Iagen's pentagram pupils. "All of this is possible?"

"Yes! But all I need is your loyalty," Iagen's porous grin widened. "My power will flow through you if you're willing to learn from me. Think about it."

***

"Isrina! Wake up!" Oreic called.

"Huh?" Isrina sat up. "Where are we?"

She looked at the skies filled with purple, orange, blue, and red nebulae colliding above and below the civilians. They stood on a long white prismatic road branching off to white portals. General Covinski and Sergeant Misshia led the people across the mystical pavement.

"We're in the Archkaos," Oreic picked Isrina up. "The musical dimension."

"Yeah! It's so dang cool, Isrina!" Niode grinned, holding Mivangeline in his arms.

"So beautiful," Isrina stood beside the Murhavs and Shuruukos. "Shien?"

Nashura and Naphthien gave Isrina her son. Naphthien signed to Isrina.

"You two protected my Little Chickadee from Zentroid?" Isrina hugged them. "Thank you!"

"No problem. No way we're letting that thing eat our priceless shortie!" Nashura huffed.

"Waaaahh!" Calice and Misuna plopped behind Isrina's group from another portal.

"And here we are, ladies!" Fermato walked in with Echelus. "Welcome to the musical realm!"

"I don't believe it. Enshiron wasn't kidding," Calice crawled up with Misuna as Fermato checked with a soldier carrying Elysia. "There's such a thing as a music dimension."

"Misuna? You're okay!" Verdun's voice sounded from afar.

Verdun and Dyiva hugged Misuna.

"Uh, hi. Dyiva and Verdun, right?" Misuna recognized them. "Wait, where's Myia?"