Chapter 16: Hark! The Avians Sing

Misuna, Dorian, and Isrina dressed in Reaper Squad uniforms, hiding within the dry meadows before the Samsara Crinoid in Kansas. On acres of steel guarded by barracuda hovertanks, the mechanized anemone opened its tentacles to fire a vibrating laser into the stormy sky. Portals opened from the chaotic pillar, releasing chimaera battlecruisers into America from China. They watched the warships fly away as General Covinski checked on the SHRIKE forces.

"Mr. President. We've located the Samsara Crinoid with Misuna's help. We have a diversion team set up so her team can infiltrate during our siege," Covinski contacted President Forroway with a transceiver. "My men also received the evidence from your investigation unit. Dorian will hack inside to make everything viral."

"That's good to hear," Forroway replied from his secret vault in the White House. "Good work. Thank you and your men for all your help. I just wish there was more I could do. Some President of America I am."

"Don't speak ill of yourself. You're distracting Maika with Project Zeruqkchiyion so she wouldn't expect our counterattack. You're doing what you can."

"The tanks are ready to make our attack convincing," Sergeant Misshia saluted.

"It's time, Mr. President. Permission to commence attack?"

Forroway took a deep breath. "Permission granted, General."

The US President flinched at the buzzing sound of sawing metal roaring from the metal door.

"President Forroway, I'm shocked to learn all you've done behind my back," Colonel Maika echoed. "I trusted you, thinking you had the wisdom to support the Kneapexist vision, but you disappointed me."

"Time to put this to good use," Forroway loaded a heavy machine gun. "Don't worry about me, General. Begin the siege!"

After the loud bang of Maika and the Reaper Squad busting in, Covinski could only hear the booming machine gun of Forroway's last stand.

"Mr. President? Are you there?" The General only heard static as a reply.

Covinski knew it meant Forroway was caught red-handed, but no matter, he knew the mission. He nodded with Misuna's infiltration team and then his army. The M1 Abrams tanks and MLRS artillery faced their cannons at the Samsara Crinoid.

When everything was ready, General Covinski roared. "Alright, men. Fire the artillery! By God almighty, truth is coming to America!"

***

"Shien, use Plasmodium Phalanxes to negate Cybrerdark Helminth!" Mivangeline dodged the tail dragon's dice. "Knavus, use Cosmic Matterslash to negate Spectral Claw!"

"Give Phoenicia back!" Shien pummeled the Empress' belly with his clarinet bo staff, using his trait to stop the boss from siphoning the androids' blood.

"Knavus! Use my HP!" Enshiron prepared his Vampiric Zephyr.

Knavus tipped his glasses and summoned a spell circle below Enshiron to drain his health. He sliced a shadowy rift across Kuroyurei's belly, disabling her cloaking ability.

Empress Kuroyurei Saiba

Level 500

HP: [345,928/500,000]

Trait 1: Cyberdark Helminth

[X]Trait 2: Spectral Claw[X]

-Antijuvenoid Prozosis-

-Contaminated Matter-

Mivangeline realized that Phoenicia's body was still exposed. "No, Enshiron! Hold your-"