Chapter 7: Operation Typhoon

"Heh, looks like Misuna had some use left after all," General Hernamidos walked into the mall lobby above the SHRIKE's underground base. "At long last, the SHRIKE will fall, and Calice will learn to mess with me!"

As Reaper Squad commandos and crusader droids walked across the dead rebels, Kumiciel met with the General. "All soldiers outside have been eliminated. "All that's left is the underground base."

"Nicely done, Corporal Liyan," Hernamidos nodded. "It's time to begin Operation Typhoon!"

Kumiciel checked his beeping wrist gear. "Fanghui's calling again."

"Ignore him. He can't punish us if we pulverize the SHRIKE. I'm going to bust in the front while you and Zentroid drill in from the back. You know what to do with Misuna."

***

The Vulpi children cried as the ground above rumbled. From the medical room, Isrina's group watched the SHRIKE soldiers run about. As the German Shepherds barked hysterically, the rebels loaded their weapons and struggled to calm the panicked people.

"What's going on? Did the Federation find us?" Niode hugged Tetsuyin in fear.

The group heard Fujima direct their squadrons. "Blue group is with General Covinski to the entrance. The rest are with me to get the civilians down the lower level for Psyinen's extraction."

"There you all are," Covinski ran to Isrina's group. "Hernamidos found our base, and I need your help holding him off while Sergeant Misshia brings everyone to the lower level."

"Sure, but how will we evacuate through the lower floor?" Rahim asked.

"Master Psyinen's portals are a big help in keeping everyone alive. It will be easier for her to transport them all at once."

"Oh, yikes," Oreic folded his fingers together.

"With rivers of regret, I'm afraid Master Psyinen made... a temporary leave," Master Seniel mumbled.

"What?" Covinski grabbed his white hair in frustration. "She left? Right at the time, we need her?"

"She will be back though," Oreic sweated.

"When exactly?"

"Well, Master Psyinen is quick in her missions, so I'd say she will be back in about half an hour."

Covinski rubbed his hands on his sweaty face. "You sure Psyinen will be back in 30 minutes?"

Master Oreic nodded. "Knowing how speedy Psyinen is, I'm certain."

"So we can still hold Hernamidos for some time, but I'm worried that Psyinen won't return in time to save everyone."

"But you have us," Isrina said. "We fought Hernamidos before. We can help your men fight him!"

"Alright. Which of you has the most experience with Hernamidos?"

"Isrina, Oreic, and I," Rahim loaded his shotgun.

"Good. The rest of you will assist Sergeant Misshia in leading the other civilians to the lower level."

The SHRIKE soldiers ran across the dark subway, facing their guns at the sealed entrance. They spread out across the walls in preparation to flank the incoming enemies. As Covinski, Isrina, Oreic, and Rahim joined the troops, laser blades carved the edges of the metal doors.

When the blades finished cutting, the rectangular doors were kicked across the rocky halls by a huge metal foot. The new megachasmoids marched in and opened fire with their quadruple-blaster arms. The SHRIKE rebels fired at the droids' heavy armor.