Chapter 12: Misuna & Knavus

The cell isn't as dirty as I thought it would be. Misuna thought in a dark empty cell of Choro Emplexion.

Misuna sat on her bed and examined her clothes. She still wore her commando outfit, but her weapons, gear, and cape were confiscated.

What life is there for me if Kumiciel doesn't want me back?

The navy metal door slid open. A woman with teal hair stepped in.

"Hello. I'm General Lifen Saitori," She greeted. "Your name is Misuna, correct?"

"How did you know?" Misuna shrunk to the corner of her bed.

"Your friend Calice told me."

"Calice. Is she okay?"

"Don't worry. She's alright," Saitori sat on the bed with Misuna. "Calice explained your situation."

"Oh..."

"What do you think about the decision you made?"

Misuna clutched her pillow. "A-are you going to hurt me?"

"Of course not. I'm only here to talk."

Misuna hesitated. She looked down at her pillow, thinking about her fatal choice to doom the people who welcomed her for false love with Kumiciel.

"Myia," Misuna mumbled.

"That's the girl who gave you the hairpin, right?" Saitori crossed her arms.

"How is she?"

"She's healing," The General sighed. "We're providing Myia with mechanical legs to help."

"I-I didn't want to hurt her," Misuna stuttered. "I chose... I wanted..."

"The Federation promised you a home. Kumiciel promised you his love," Saitori exhaled deeply. "I've been there."

Misuna's eyes widened.

"I used to be like you," Saitori closed her hands together. "I was a Shin-Kaminari alongside Overseer Amitonyx."

"You?" Misuna sat upright. "The Shin-Kaminari built the Federation's droid army."

The General nodded. "All of us Shin-Kaminari built machines for Fanghui because he provided us a home."

Saitori paused before turning to Misuna. "Amitonyx, Sychrom, Maika, and a few others lost our homes and families to the Yakuza when we were just kids in Japan. We survived together as the Shin-Kaminari street gang."

That's who the Shin-Kaminari are? Misuna thought. This was not what I imagined the makers of Federation technology to be like.

"We struggled to fit into society, running about the streets in ragged clothing and trash-filled alleys. People spat at us and refused to help," Saitori clenched her fist. "We survived by doing two things. Stealing and building."

"Like building machines?" Misuna guessed.

"Yes, Amitonyx was gifted in making machines out of anything. He taught us that talent, hoping people would accept us if we showed them our creations. We worked our hardest, but everyone mocked us and threw mud at us."

"That's when we created the crusader droids, stealth hounds, SANDRA, Cyroid," Saitori's hands shook. "And I made Zentroid."

"Zentroid Crucifyzoa?" Misuna remembered the demented PC that attacked the SHRIKE base. "He's SANDRA's machine assassin. You made him?"

"I did. A sadistic cybernetic organism I made to punish those who hurt us, including all of the Yakuza."

"What happened then?"