chapter 4

Mattia

Gigi left, and as I watch the door close behind her, an unexpected emptiness washes over me. It's strange; I should feel something-relief, pain, anything-but there's nothing. Gigi never really mattered to me. But then there's Sofia. She thinks Gigi was more than just a fleeting chapter in my life, like she had some goddamn control over me. Does she really believe that?

And the worst part? Sofia actually thinks I'm not a good kisser.

I let out a low laugh, shaking my head. I know better. I'm a fuckin' good kisser. The kind of kiss that leaves a lasting impression, one that pulls you in and makes you forget everything else. When I kiss, it's like I'm sharing an electrifying secret-an unspoken connection that makes the world around us fade away. I lean in close, feeling the heat between us, capturing her lips with just the right amount of intensity. It's passionate and a little reckless, leaving her breathless and craving more.

Nick's voice echoes in my mind, reminding me of everything he's said about Sofia. She's a master manipulator, a siren luring unsuspecting guys into her trap. She pulls them in, makes them feel special, and then, when they're hooked, she leaves them hanging, craving her attention. She loves the power, the game.

I've been warned, but there's something about her I can't shake. Despite all the red flags, I find myself thinking about her. And I hate it. I shouldn't care. She's dangerous, unpredictable, everything I should steer clear of.

So why the hell can't I get her out of my head?

Ignoring her messages was harder than I thought. I don't love her, but she intrigues me. She's stunning, but every shit Nick has said about her twists my perception, making her seem ugly.

I stand in front of the mirror, searching for the confidence I desperately need. Why do I keep obsessing over Sofia? I can't let her have that hold on me. I take a deep breath, trying to center myself.

"I'm a fuckin' good kisser," I whisper, adjusting my hair. I don't need anyone's validation, especially not hers.

My phone buzzes, jolting me from my thoughts. It's Nick.

"Bro, we're all at the bar. You coming or what?"

Relief washes over me at the distraction. I text back quickly, "Five minutes. I'll be there."

I throw on my black jeans and a matching black T-shirt,As I head downstairs, I catch my mom's gaze from the TV.

"I'm going to Nick's."

"To where?" she asks, though I can see she already knows.

"They're at a party," I reply, stepping out before she can say anything else.