chapter 13

Mattia

I slammed the door so hard, it rattled in the frame, but I didn't care. I ripped off my shirt, my breath already heavy from the rage boiling inside me.

Not a word left my mouth

Not a word left my mouth. I grabbed the dumbbells from the floor, feeling the burn immediately as I started lifting. Each rep, harder, faster.

My muscles screamed, but it wasn't enough to drown out the anger. Nothing was.

Fuck. I dropped the weights, the loud thud echoed through the room. I stared at the floor, trying to calm down, but it wasn't working.

I ran a hand through my hair, messing it up even more, and headed to the window. Sitting on the ledge, I leaned back against the cold wall, letting my head hit it.

 Sitting on the ledge, I leaned back against the cold wall, letting my head hit it

It didn't help. Nothing did.

Then I heard it-her voice. Sophia's voice from the room next to mine. "Yeah, I'll definitely be there tomorrow night." The sound of her talking to someone made my blood run cold.

My jaw clenched as I strained to hear the other side, but it was too muffled.

And then she fucking said it. "No, don't worry. I'm not gonna sit on top of you like last night."

What the actual fuck? I jerked forward, staring at the wall like I could burn a hole through it. Who the fuck is she talking to? My fists clenched. Of course, it's that asshole, probably the same one she was texting last time I was in her room. Same bullshit.

I couldn't listen anymore. I stood up, shouting through the wall. "Tell him you're not going." My voice was harsh, angrier than I'd planned. "Because if my mom finds out you're going to these fucking parties, sitting on that asshole's lap, drinking, she'll definitely shut that shit down."

Silence.

Then I heard her shift. She looked over from her window, eyes locking with mine through the small gap. Her face twisted with anger.

She muttered something into the phone, hanging up before turning to me,her eyes narrowed, and she practically spat the words. "What the fuck is your problem?"