chapter 14

Sophia

I stared at him, still in shock, unable to process what he just said. My mind went blank, my heart racing. I couldn't even respond. He stepped closer, the space between us disappearing with every second.

"Hey," he whispered, his voice low and teasing, "are you still here?"

I snapped out of it and shoved him back. "All of this is bullshit! It's just in your head, your fucking dreams!"

He laughed, that infuriating smirk playing on his lips. "Ohhh, really? Well, why is your face so red, then? Goddammit, this is in my dreams? Fine, whatever you say."

"No my face doesn't red okay!" I shot back, but my voice cracked. Why the hell was my face heating up like this?

" yaa okay okay " he lough and try to hide his smile

"Fuck you," I muttered, turning away, feeling the weight of his gaze still on me.

" fuck you too babe" he said

I rolled my eyes, pulling the blanket up to my chin. "Mattia, get out. I want to sleep."

He leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed, not moving an inch. "I don't want to."

I sat up, glaring at him. "Mattia, are you fucking insane? What do you mean you don't want to? I'm literally telling you to leave my room. This isn't some bullshit choice where you decide if you want to or not."

He just smirked. "Ohhh, really?"

"Goddammit, Mattia, I swear to God! Get out or I'll-"

"Or you'll what?" he interrupted, still standing there like he owned the place.

"Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up and leave!" I snapped, throwing a pillow at him. He caught it, laughing, but didn't budge.

"Uhhh... fine," I huffed, collapsing back onto the bed.

I threw myself onto the bed, my back sinking into the mattress as I pulled the covers over me. "Fine," I muttered, not even looking at him. "Stay there all you want. Spend your day standing there like an idiot, I don't care."

He stayed by the window, arms crossed, watching me.

I sighed, turning on my side, facing away from him. "Actually, you know what? I think it's a great idea. Go ahead and sleep standing by the window like that."

I could practically hear his smirk without even seeing him.

I opened my eyes and blinked at the ceiling, something feeling off. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and glanced at the time.

4 PM.

"Fuck!" I shot up, my heart racing. The party was at 7, and I hadn't done a damn thing to get ready. I cursed under my breath, throwing the covers off me and rushing to the bathroom.

Uhhh, seriously? I'm such a mess.

I stripped down and stepped into the shower, the hot water barely calming me down. "Goddammit," I muttered, running my hands through my hair, trying to think of how I was going to pull this together in time. Once I was done, I wrapped a towel around myself and headed back to my room.

Opening the closet, I scanned through my options before pulling out the black dress - short, low-cut, and just what I needed to look sexy tonight. "perfect " I whispered, holding it up in front of the mirror.

I let my hair down, shaking it out as I threw the dress on the bed, ready to get this party started.

As I looked at mirror, my phone buzzed on the bed. I glanced at the screen and saw it was a message from Mattia.