Chapter 3: The Fight

Phantom's POV

I growled at those cloaks. They were cowards to hide their faces like that. Wait a sec-

"Phantom!" the leader said in a mocking welcome. "I see that you decided to become the hero today with those 'airs' you put in your costume!"

The other cloaked people snickered. Their leader was absolutely horrible with jokes.

"Forget it, Crow," I retorted with anger, "since everybody knows who the winner will be."

Crow scoffed. "You'll take that back, you spoiled, bratty thief!"

And he attacked.

I dodged and dodged, and the Lumiere disappeared out of sight at my command. I then prepared for an attack as the crowd cheered. Was it really meant for me?

"Tempest!" I shouted, unveiling my cape. A wave of my signature red cards flew out, creating a tornado. It took out many of the cloaks, leaving 4 cloaked people and Crow surviving in it's wake.

"You and your dirty old cards. How predictable." Crow sneered as he vanished elsewhere. His other cloaked companions disappeared with him, their vaguely gleaming eyes staring at me with malice. A sign of revenge.

Once they were gone, a flash mob of all sorts crowded the park. Reporters, civilians, security, all with cameras and the like. I ran as fast as I could. The reporters tried to catch up, shouting questions meant for me.

"Excuse me old chap, who are you and why are you here?"

Old chap? Now that's something to laugh about.

"Hey! It's the police!"

"You need to stay here! We have questions for you, young man!" they shouted.

Uh oh. Time to go back!

I gave the signal and he caught it, disappearing "out of thin air", they say. That was surely a long day, I tell you!

___________________________________________________________________________

Faith's POV

I had written a good bunch of notes over at the park. That Phantom guy is amazing! He certainly is a mysterious fellow. I went back to the apartment to submit the report I had taken.

As I was typing, Niall walked into the room.

"Niall!" I exclaimed, "Where were you? And why the heck is your shirt on backwards?"

"My shirt's on backwards?" Niall was bewildered, "Oh, never mind that."

"You still haven't answered my question." I said sternly, "Just because I'm a news reporter doesn't mean I can't keep secrets."

"Meanwhile, you still don't have any food in the fridge." Niall shot back. Ugh, he's being stubborn!

The rustle of keys and the sound of the door opening told Niall and I that the others were home. They all put grocery bags on the dining table, then sat down on the couch with us.

"So how was your day?" Zayn asked me.

"I got some news from the park today." I said.

I got the remote control and turned on the news. The immediate headline was flashing like  paparazzi cameras on the TV screen.

"Today was a very odd day for people over at Ellensy Park today,"  the reporter intoned, "since strange cloaked people vandalized 3 cars today, one of them being an expensive Lamborghini.

"The cloaks also murdered 5 people today, two of which were in a car that was destroyed. Events took a turn when a mysterious hero-"

"Phantom!" I said in astonishment.

"-saved everyone's day from the nasty menaces today. Who is this mysterious-

"Niall!" I exclaimed angrily. "Why did you turn the TV off?"

"You reporters are all the same," I heard him mutter under his breath.

"Sounds like an interesting day," Harry commented. "Wish I saw it."

"Me too," Liam said, reaching for the remote.

The TV flashed on again, this time the blonde-haired reporter talking to a police officer. His "SHERIFF" badge gleamed in the studio's lighting.

"What do you say about this incident, Sheriff?" The reporter asked.

"Well," the sheriff paused to clear his throat, "I think this has been one of the strangest incidents in Britain as we know it. Ellensy Park is a very peaceful place for the surrounding residents, but I don't think it will stay that way with all our investigators on the field."

"I don't mean to be impatient, but has there been any data found?"

"Not yet, we have no evidence. We have taken the destroyed cars to study for any data we could find."

"That's very good for our viewers to hear. Any advice for them in the current situation?"

"Yes. Please, if you have any information about anything in this event, please contact the police station right away. We will be going around to question witnesses. And please try to be away from Ellensy Park in the meantime while the investigators are doing their job. This will only take a few days."

"Okay then! Thanks you for being on the show, Sheriff Langston, and please update more on the situation as it unfolds. Have you found anything on the mysterious Phantom?"

"No, not yet," he sighed, "but once we find out who he is, we will have to question him for more information."

Zayn started getting in a fit of coughs, so Harry turned the TV off.

"Huh, I did see the weird cloak guys though," Liam said, "the little grim reapers."

I did see that cape Phantom wore. With that cape, he looked very majestic; very heroic.

If that was the case, why are people looking for him? Did he escape from somewhere; like prison?

Louis and Niall looked at each other, in both bewilderment and astonishment.

I wouldn't blame them at all.