Chapter 10: The Legend Unfolds

Dismayed, the trio finally came back to the apartment.

"I'm surprised you guys made it back at all," Liam remarked.

Harry was in the other room, talking to management through the phone. Zayn was currently taking the dishes out of the dishwasher.

Faith looked around, thinking of a new story to submit as a writer. She then looked at the boys.

"Well, if we all have nothing better to do, I might as well be productive. I'll need an interview with you guys later on Phantom and the situation going on, as I heard management and the company want to get more publicity out of you, and one way to do that is to try something not many celebrities do, which is give a brief opinion on current events. With 'Phantom' and all, that should be very interesting." she goes on.

"If that's the case, then sure. Will it be written or taped?" Liam asked.

"It's a written statement."

"Well, if management agrees to it, sure."

"Ok then." Zayn said, reaching for the remote. Turning the TV on, it shows some news reporters in front of big crowds and a busy, windy atmosphere near a park.

"Welcome back as we report from Ellensy Park as many police officers are trying to clear the crowds currently due to the very strange events encircling the area. Last week, a group of people in black clothing terrorized the area, damaging many cars and the surrounding area. However, a man who refers to himself as 'Phantom' came in to stop the group as they disappeared. The funny part was, before many reporters tried to get his word on anything, including his identity, he supposedly disappeared from the scene! We have been getting many witnesses and analysts on the situation as of now, so stay tuned for more info! Up next; How the bounty of 2 million euros is motivating the search for the 'Phantom'. Later on; Who is Phantom, and could he be a security threat to the whole world as a potential terrorist, with the power he holds? This is the National News Network, reporting live!"

 Commercials start showing on the TV screen, and Harry finally hangs up and comes into the room.

"Welcome back, everyone," he says, sitting on the couch. "What's the matter?"

"Ellensy Park has made National News," Liam said. Harry grimaced.

"No surprise there. I was walking through Ellensy Park while Faith, Louis and Niall were out; you might as well call it Ellensy Circus!"

Louis starts a slow clap, while Niall clears his throat. Harry goes on.

"Management heard that people are looking to many male celebrities to see if the Phantom may be someone mainstream. That means we better lay low for a while. The next tour's canceled." Harry turns back to the TV screen.

Zayn and Niall stand up, "They just can't do that!" Zayn exclaims indignantly.

"Well, what's done is done," Harry replies. "Plus, the last tour really tired me out thanks to management and all those shows. I thought I'd pass out near the end of the last shows! We need a well deserved break, and thank goodness they finally listen. Plus it gives us more free time and less attention!"

"Harry has a point," Louis chimes in, "More time to spend with our families. We're just stopping by for Faith, then we can separate to spend time with the people we barely spend time with anymore."

After a long pause, Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Faith agree as well.

"Well then! I'm going to watch my TV show in the room." Liam declares while heading up the stairs.