Chapter 15: The Departure

"Blast it!" Crow quickly deflected it with a shield he summoned.

The crowd grew quiet, the park watching in anticipation. The fight was on once again!

"Listen here, you mindless thief! Your petty cards won't accomplish anything!" Crow tried to say, but Phantom wouldn't budge.

"Attacking Ellensy Park twice with your companions for no reason but to cause chaos aren't accomplishing anything either." Phantom shot back.

Some spectators were giggling now, journalists were taking notes, more passerby ran from the scene, and police officers were fidgeting to go in to restore the peace, but restrained themselves, knowing there were powers far too great to be dealt with by them.

"You have to admit, that was a pretty good comeback." Louis said cheekily to Faith, who was taking pictures.

The two rivals clashed head to head, fighting like gods of war. As the battle raged on, more debris cluttered the park, and the companions continued to scare off more of the bystanders.

"Tempest!" Phantom commanded, more cards coming into the scene. The cards folded back as if they were angry horses prepared to race onto the battlefield, ready to strike-

"STOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!!!"

Crow lowered his hand, shaking with fright. After regaining his composure, he cleared his throat.

"I forfeit." he said. "I have other things to do elsewhere. Nothing to cause trouble, really, but there's an important meeting with the 'Big Cheese'."

"You can't just forfeit a fight, Crow. Look at the mess you've started. You should be the one to fix this, you scumbag." Phantom snapped.

Crow's cell phone kept ringing and ringing in his pocket, the ringtone able to be heard by anyone near the park.

Crow picked up his cell phone. "Sorry, Phantom, I got to get this call with my boss. Let's fight another time, ay?"

He gave another mischievous smile as he swished his cape over his shoulder and vanished into thin air, his companions following behind.

With that, he left behind a park in disarray.

___________________________________________________________

"We had another tension-filled clash between the mysterious man Phantom and a cloaked menace that police have now identified as a man referred to as 'Crow'.

More reports have been filing in as we speak, and tune in later as the police force will be making a statement about the situation. However, one top officer does say that any info of the two today must be reported immediately to the police station.

Next up, many witnesses of both of these chaotic incidents have now put together a theory about whether or not the Phantom fighting today could be connected to the mysterious man stated in the fable of The Legends of Maple. Is it entirely possible for storybook characters to become a reality? Is Phantom created from this long-told fable? Reporter Vincent Thomas will have the latest when we come back!"

The channel then cuts to the commercials, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

"Well, it did just happen," Faith said. "it takes a while to piece together the correct information from the reports to get the whole story."

"Supposedly," Harry remarked. "I've seen more than once where the news outlets mess up everything."

"That's because you're the one who's in it, Haz," Louis replied. "You mess up everything, including the ol' news."

Everyone starts laughing and giggling until Niall says, "So...what about this Phantom guy?"

"Phantom, smantom, I don't care anymore!" Zayn suddenly yelled. "WHY SHOULD ANY OF THIS MATTER!?!?"

Everyone turned to him.

"Zayn?" Louis was shocked.

"Listen, until this Phantom stuff is over and done with, I'm done." Zayn said. "I think I need to go back."

"But we need your help! We need all the help we can get!" Harry butted in. "We're so close to solving everything about him! Don't leave us now!"

"Why should we care about someone who doesn't want to be bothered about everything? We should leave the poor guy alone, in my honest opinion. Go on all you want, but I'm done with this case, and I think I've overstayed my welcome."

Zayn walks over to Faith.

"Faith, I'm real sorry about this, I really am." he began. "I really think, however, that it should be time to go back. If the boys want to stay, they can. Thank you for the hospitality, and I really did enjoy staying in London with you. Both you and Louis should be proud of each other."

"I understand." Faith said. She really didn't want Zayn to leave. He was soft-spoken, kind, and patient; he even had one of the tidiest rooms in the house, rivaling her own! "I'm very glad you came over to stay, Zayn. When are you going to leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow!?" Harry shouted. "You can't be serious!"

"I called our pilot, and he said that's when the private jet will be available next."

Everyone was silent.

___________________________________________________________

And that is done! That took way too long to write, especially since I had to shift the story a little with Zayn leaving...idk where to take this story anymore, so I might just scrap it and focus on my other story.

(I'm so bad at updating, really... ^^")