Chapter 5: The Visit at Twilight

Everyone gathered around the dinner table, with Harry and Liam serving bowls of steaming warm pasta. They all ate heartily, Niall especially. They all exchanged small talk, but otherwise focused on the meal.

Faith finished hers rather quickly.

"I'm going up to my room to do some news reporting stuff."

"Okay." they all said. Niall still gulped down his pasta. Faith then took long strides upstairs to her room.

_________________________________________________________________________

Faith then researched more on the Phantom, curious at what other misadventures he had done before. Or what he has been planning for the future.

"I never knew you took such an interest in me." said a voice that pierced the silence. Faith jumped and adrenaline started running through her. She then frantically closed her laptop shut and turned her head to the direction of the voice.

A man was standing on her window terrace, his figure shimmering in the moonlight. He was wearing the same nobleclothes he wore while fighting the cloaked people in Ellensy Park. His cape flapped in the wind alongside Faith's curtain. Part of his face was shaded from his back turned to the moonlight outside, but his mischievous indigo eyes were unmistakable.

It was the Phantom. The man behind everything; with an international bounty placed on his shoulders.

"How did you-" she began.

"It doesn't matter how I know. They don't call me the Phantom for nothing."

"What kind of name is that? Don't you have another name?" Faith asked warily.

"Nope. It's just Phantom." He extended his pale hand to her.

Faith got up from her seat and walked to the window where Phantom was. She cautiously shook his hand.

"Oh come on." Phantom's smile faded from his lips.

"What?" Faith was taken aback. She had gotten used to his smile..

"I'm so sad now. Why are you so cautious around me?" He set his cane on the wall.

"We just met moments ago. Plus, a normal person wouldn't just barge in people's houses or windows and crash there to meet somebody. Haven't you heard of knocking? It just makes me suspicious." Faith explained to him.

"I see." the Phantom was listening intently, thinking of his response.

After a while, he replied, "Remember, I'm a thief. I don't simply knock for the heck of it. If you saw in your research, it isn't as simple as that anymore. I'm wanted so I can be another stupid puppet that the media can control. I don't want that. I just want to be that low-key guy that everyone can depend on in times of need. Like Doctor Who in a sense. I haven't lived as long as him, though."

Faith understood. He was right. She saw it in her cousin, what the public had molded him into.

She felt stupid.

So she replied, "Well, then, 'Mister Low Key Hero' guy, it looks like you haven't been doing a good job recently."

The Phantom's face brightened at that, and he chuckled. "Perhaps I haven't. Then again, if I were caught, I wouldn't be the Phantom anymore. I would probably be 'The Not-So-Mysterious Guy Who Used to be Called the Phantom' or something like that."