Chapter 31 : Homecoming of family

Please ignore if any mistakes...
Enjoy reading 💝

-------------------------------------------------------------

--- Author's POV ---

Days passed. Aadarsh and Shivika's relationship got stronger now. Aadarsh's therapy sessions were going on slowly. He is taking time to open up, but he is trying his level best. Shivika is also happy about it. It's their 6th month anniversary in a week. Aadarsh decided to celebrate it by confessing his feelings. Yes, by the recent events, Aadarsh is now confirmed that he is in love with his  He wanted to express this before only but wanted it to be special. Now, this is the perfect occasion.

It's a new morning around 5 AM. Aadarsh and Shivika are snuggled with each other on bed. Aadarsh's head in Shivika's crook of neck. His hands around her waist, holding her close to him. Her hands around his shoulders. Both are in sweet sleep. Enjoying each other's warmth. Aadarsh sleep got disturbed by a phone call. He immediately got up, making sure he didn't wake up Shivika. He saw Akshay's name on the phone screen. "Why is he calling now ?" Aadarsh mumbled to himself and went out yo balcony with the phone.

"Hello" Aadarsh said. "Hello Anna(brother), were you sleeping ?" Akshay asked with a giggle. "It's 5 AM, Akshay. What do you think I'll be doing ?" Aadarsh asked in a sarcastic voice. "I don't want to know what you do at this hour, but let me tell you, we all are coming to Mumbai" Akshay said with excitement. "We all means ?" Aadarsh asked in confusion. "Our family bro. What's this you forgot us this early ?" Akshay said in a dramatic way. "Shut up, you drama queen. I'm asking who all are coming ?" Aadarsh said. "Appa, amma, me, Keerthi, Kamal uncle, Sarla aunty" Akshay replied. "OK OK. By what time will you all be here ?" Aadarsh asked. "May be by 11 AM" Akshay replied. "OK, be safe" Aadarsh said and disconnected the call.

He returned back to bed and saw Shivika hugging a pillow. He didn't want that thing anywhere near his wife. He settled beside Shivika and removed that pillow. He now gently pulled Shivika in his arms. Now Shivika's head was in his crook of neck and hand on his chest. His hands were on her waist, holding her close to him. He then slept for some time.

It was 8 AM in morning. Aadarsh woke up, got fresh, and started to prepare for food as the family is arriving in some time. He didn't wake up Shivika as she had a hectic  week. Here, Shivika woke up because of lost warmth. She got fresh and came in the kitchen but stopped at the entrance. She saw Aadarsh working, his back towards her. "Hmm... my hubby looks hot" she said, giggling at herself. She came inside without making any sound and hugged him from behind. Aadarsh got startled by her.
"My godd Buttercup, you scared me" he said while intertwining his hands with her, which were on his chest. She laughed at his words and tightened her grip around him. They bo5b stayed like that for some more minutes, and then Shivika loosened her grip.

"Arsh, why are you preparing now ? We can do it later na" Shivika asked while standing beside him. Aadarsh just smiled and turned towards her. "Because family is coming" he said. "What ? Really?? " She asked with excitement. "Yes really" he said and pecked her lips. "Wow.. it's been so many days we have seen them" she said with a huge smile. "What are you preparing for ? I'll also do" she said while washing her hands to help him.

Both of them decided to make some delicious dishes like masala dosa, upma, Pongal and sooji halwa. They both prepared all the dishes and got fresh. It's now almost their arrival time. They both were waiting in the living room. The doorbell rang, indicating the family's arrival. Aadarsh and Shivika opened the door. Both had huge smile on their faces. Shivika hugged her parents while Aadarsh hugged his. Then Shivika greeted her in-laws, and Aadarsh greeted his. They both met Akshay and Keerthi. All of them went inside the house.

Everyone settled in the living room. All were having their conversations with each other. Just then, the doorbell went off. Keerthi opened the door, revealing Aakash. He also joined the conversation. "Amma what's with this sudden visit ? You didn't even inform me" Aadarsh asked. "Why can't we come and visit you ?" Mohan, Aadarsh's father asked. "Not like that appa. I would have come to pick you guys." Aadarsh said. "That's fine baccha. Akshay and Keerthi are there with us" Gayathri, Aadarsh's mother assured. "I know that amma" Aadarsh said with a sad smile. He always wanted to be his parents. But due to the work he had to move out of the house. The conversation went on, and all had a good family time.

"Alright, so next week is your 6th month anniversary. We are thinking of keeping a small pooja at this house. Are you both ok with this ?" Gayathri asked both Shivika and Aadarsh. They both looked at each other with a surprised expression. They didn't even realize it's been 6 months...

---------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update... I was caught up in some work. I know this is just a short chapter. Please ignore if any mistakes.
Thank you for all the support 💖

Author 💞