𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖊𝖗

────────⋆⭒˚。⋆☆⋆⭒˚。⋆────────

"this is what makes us girls,
we all look for heaven and we put love first"
- lana del rey (this is what makes us girls)

────────⋆⭒˚。⋆☆⋆⭒˚。⋆────────

"I dunno- I think nerves are just getting to me- like I want this album to do well- like better than the last ones," Sasha says, taking a sip from the amber liquid in her glass.

"I want that too- but maybe take it easy, yeah?" Aaliyah says, picking up the bottle of whiskey and putting it back into the cabinet.

Sasha frowns watching Aaliyah put away the bottle. "Yeah- sorry, it's just this is my first album without Cole- and I'm just scared that he's right that without his work on the album- I wouldn't be here."

Near the end of their relationship, Cole started to get jealous and almost envious of the success she was getting. At first, they were just small or backhanded remarks and the next thing she knew they would have full-blown arguments.

"He's insecure- you know he was just spitting bullshit to make you feel like you owe him something"

Sasha knows it's true, but she can't fully accept it until she sees herself that she got to the position she is now because of her own work ethic. And not because of him.

"You're right- he's a manipulative douchebag- this whole press tour is just stressing me out- that's all. Can't wait to go home" Sasha sighs resting her head on the table.

"And right into Dominic's bed" Aaliyah teases, trying to change the mood.

Sasha grins "Shut up."

Aaliyah teases "How can I? It's my job to call out my best friend whenever she's doing something stupid." She looks at Sasha's cup gently taking it away, "Such as this- you've been cut off for tonight."

Sasha rolls her eyes "Getting cut off at one drink is pretty sad if you ask me."

"Good thing I wasn't asking- besides no drinking when on business."

Sasha groans at the rule she made for herself. It was for her own good, but sometimes she just needed a drink or two. But Sasha knows what happens if she goes down that path, a drink once in a while suddenly becomes a drink every day- and next thing she knows she'll be drunk on stage throwing up in front of all her fans... again.

Wanting to change topics, Sasha brings up the text she got the other day, "Cindy texted me."

"Cindy?! What did she say?"  Aaliyah asks in interest, leaning over the table.

Sasha couldn't blame Aaliyah for being interested, Cindy and Sasha had a little fling- but in the end, they found each other to be better friends than they were anything else.