Chapter 21

A/N: new updaateee

A/N: new updaateee

Kim Mun Jae's pov

I sit in my chair with The Prince on my lap, my finger turning to another chapter when Ha In - Hyeon pops out of nowhere with a guest.

"Ms. Kim" she greets me politely, eyes on the floor as I pause my reading and lift my face to cast a gaze.

"Here's your guest," My eyes switch to a man standing next.

He wears an average suit with slickback hair. "Ms. Kim," His smile is crooked and I roll my eyes.

"Chairman Kang," I say, not sparing him a second look. "You're quite early," He hurries to sit down uninvitedly.

"I was excited to get your invitation," He says. Then, he scans the surroundings before looking at me back. His hands shake from all the emotions building.

"I couldn't sleep well last night ..." his tone drags before he stands up involuntarily and begins to point at his suit.

"Look, I picked my best suit to meet you today," He looks proud and stupid at the same time. Ha In - Hyeon looks completely terrified at the corner.

"Mr. Kang,"

She comes for the rescue.

Hands clasped to her front with her eyes directly on him. "I'd advise for you to sit down properly in front of Ms. Kim,"

"Why?" He questions. "I'm only going to show her what a good suit I put on today," He replies. His tone clipped. I look at Ha In - Hyeon.

The servant hangs her head low as she replies.

"Please be seated, Mr. Kang. The drinks will be served in a moment,"

"Shut up," He yells. "You're just a dumb servant. Know your place," Then, he looks at me with a smiley face.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kim. Where were we? Oh, my suit. This is actually ..."

"Shut the fuck up, you bitch," I glare at him. That works. He immediately goes into silent mode. "And sit down," I eye the chair. He follows obediently like a dog. Only this one certainly needs more training to avoid unnecessary barking.

"So," I breathe out, closing the book before licking my lower lip. "Should we begin now or shall I hear you mumble fucking nonsense about your suit?"

He shakes his head. "Good dog," I signal for Ha In - Hyeon to bring forward the file from my home office.

"Here you go," She says briefly as the file exchanges hands before disappearing into the background.

"Someone I trust got this done for me," I pass the document to him and he doesn't waste a second before scanning the whole thing.

Then, his smile gets wider, in an attempt to look menacing. But if only he knew, he looks like a pathetic little puppy covered in stinky mud.

"So, do you think you can do it?" I arch my eyebrow and he falls back into reality. "This?" He asks. I don't bother replying. He's not a retard. "Of course," He brags.