Chapter 12

Lisa's pov

"Are you okay?"

Ji -Eun asks as tucks herself underneath the blanket next to me in bed.

Her pink strawberry hair remains in undone bun.

Then, slowly, she laces our hands together on the cover. My hand a brighter shade than her pale one.

"Yes," I smile softly before bringing her hand closer to my lips and paste a kiss on the knuckles. She laughs before shaking her head. "You do know you're a terrible liar don't you?"

She undone her hair in one swift motion and I watch as they unfold in the most beautiful wave ever, over her shoulders.

Ji-Eun snaps her fingers playfully as I rise higher than reality. "Earth to Lisa," she presses her lips together. Then her eyes, her brown, beautiful irises look at me.

Like really look at me before a ghost of frown casts on her face.

"I'm here, in case you aren't aware,"

She makes a point and I hold her hand firmer.

"I know," the answer echoes. "It's just..." I drag my word as my mind searches high and low for the correct term. "Tired,"

I wince at the choice of word. But Ji - Eun says scoots closer. Her head resting on my shoulder as her face finds its safe haven in the crook of my neck.

"I know,"

The woman agrees. "But I guess it all gets better once we are married, you know?"

"You think so?" I scan through her hair and she nods. "All of my friends say the same thing," she quips. "Funny none of them are married though,"

I laugh as she says that. Then, I lean in to kiss the top of her head. "I take it that marriage isn't an easy thing to deal with,"

"It is,"

Ji-Eun replies. "But I guess with the right person, it's kind of make things alright,"

She sneaks a look at me and I recognize it instantly.

"What do you want to ask?"

I ask. She tugs her eyebrows together.

"How did you know?"

"Well, as much as a terrible liar that I am, I'm also great at reading people,"

Ji-Eun rolls her eyes but proceeds with her curiosity nonetheless. "How was it before when you were with her?"

"With who?"

"Your late wife,"

Not late, my internal dialogue plays. She's very much alive.

"Oh," I sink my teeth into my lower lip. "It was great,"

I convince her but Ji - Eun is ready for more. "Great like what?"

"Great in a sense that I love her and she loves me back,"

"Oh..."

The woman blinks her eyes. "What did you do for fun?"

She asks again. "Normal things like what others do,"

I clear my throat as a cough passes through.

"We went for dates whenever we could because I was busy and so was her,"

"Did you hold hands?"

"And kisses and cuddled too,"

"I see,"

Ji-Eun swallows nothing down her throat. "It's like when we are together,"

I play with her fingers as we are pressed against each other in bed. "Yes, pretty much,"

"I guess then,"

Ji-Eun looks at me. "You told her how in love you were with her while watching Love Story too?"

I shake my head. "That's what I do with you,"

I kiss her lips lightly. "I guess hers was in between weekly marathon of Prince of Egypt,"

"Biblical story? Really, Lisa?"

She punches me on the shoulder and I giggle.

"Well, she was sort of church girl,"

"What do you think about me then?"

Ji-Eun bites her lip and I pinch her cheeks.

"I'd rather I show you,"

I say, closing the distance between us with a kiss before shutting the light off.

Ji-Eun giggles as we change positions. I'm atop her and she's underneath.

"One thing about dating you, is that you leave me breathless every time we are together,"

That certainly paints Ji-Eun's cheeks redder than before.

***

Welp, don't forget to vote for next chapter and drop some comments!!!!