Chapter 12

About an hour later, the police and I arrived at the airport . They helped me with my luggage and security checks. Once I was through the gates, the police told me what I should expect.
"You will get on the plane and it will take you to Kansas. Then when you arrive, there will a flight attendant waiting for you. They will call a taxi. And the taxi will bring you to the foster home." I nodded.

I got on the plane, and I cried. As the plane took off. I could see the whole city below me. I closed my eyes and waited until the plane landed...

I woke up. I looked around. No one was on the plane. A woman flight attendant told me I've slept through the whole ride. She helped me grab my luggage and then she escorted me out of the plane.

I found the flight attendant, and I was brought to the taxi. I cried. I knew I was miles away from my friends. My friends who were family to me.
About two hours later, we arrived at the foster home. The house was beautiful. It had a lovely garden and the grass was perfectly cut. I got out of the car. The taxi driver handed me my luggage, wished me good luck, and left.

I knocked on the door. A Young woman welcomed me inside. The house was incredibly rich.
"My name is Susan" she said.
"My name is Eleanor" I said politely.
She showed me to my room. It had a queen sized bed, along with a huge TV, a fireplace, and a closet bigger than Josephine's. I lay in my new bed. I've never felt something so comfortable before. I even had my own balcony.

Later that night Susan's maid prepared dinner. It was the most amazing food I've ever tasted.
"I hope you are comfortable here" Susan said. I nodded.
"I won't force you to call me mom. You can call me Susan" she said.
"You can call me Ellie" I said.

A few months later, I gotten real close to Susan. She was a very nice lady and she understood me very well. I told her about my dark past. And she listened to my memories at prom.
One day Susan came to my room with a box. "A friend mailed something to you" she said. I opened up the box up. I read the card.

Dear Ellie,
I miss you so much. I hope you are happy.
I found this for you and I hope you will always keep it. I fixed it up a bit.
Everyday I'm thinking about you... I don't expect you to write back,
Consider this as a gift.
Hugs and kisses

Your best friend~ Lizzie

I put the card aside and unwrapped the rest...there lay the golden gown. I put it on. I did my hair and threw on some make up. I danced around the room, reacting the night I wore the dress. I walked out on the balcony. I felt like a princess.
I watched as the sun set. I felt a gentle breeze glide through my bangs. The gown waved gracefully as the last bit of sun melted away...

So if any of you reading, are going through something tough. Just take a deep breath, because good comes out of everything... and if you are not going through anything at the moment, it's time to find something else to read. Because, this is...

The End