Chapter 7

Today is Thursday. Almost Friday. Not like I'm looking forward to anything. I was sweeping the floor, when Clara walked in. "Your pathetic friend is here!" I rolled my eyes at her.
"You don't have to be SO obnoxious about it" I said. When I opened the front door, I saw Lizzie standing there. "hey Ellie, I'm sorry I'm such a bitch." I couldn't let Lizzie say that. "No, I'M sorry for being such a bitch" I said. "I can't live without you. We've been friends for so long. We have to stick together!"

Lizzie smiled. "I forgive you." I was feeling better. Until my stepmother interrupted us. "Get back to work!" She yelled. "Tell that brat to GO HOME!" Lizzie's smile faded. Once Melinda left. I told Lizzie I would see her tomorrow at school. I went back to my chores.

The next day at school, I talked to Miss Davis about the project. "How did it get ruined?" She asked. Miss Davis looked serious. She almost looked mad. "I don't know" I lied. Clara and Josephine walked in the room at that moment. "What are you two doing here, your not in this class." Clara walked up to Miss Davis.
"We came to tell you what happened to the project" she said. Miss Davis fixed her gaze
on Clara. "What happened Clara?" She asked. Clara thought for a minute.
"I forgot" Clara finally said.
"You IDIOT!" Screeched Josephine. "I'll tell you what happened. Ellie was fed up with her project, so she destroyed it. And she was going to blame it on our mother."

I couldn't believe my ears. Miss Davis looked unsure. Then she nodded. She pulled out a hall pass. And started writing my name down. "Ellie, I know you've been sad and angry. But you just can't do something like that and expect to get away with it." She stood up from her desk. "Please get out of my classroom." I was gobsmacked. I tried to tell her that Clara and Josephine were the ones who ruined my project. But she ignored me. I felt sick in my stomach. I went down to the nurses. The nurse checked my temperature. I wasn't sick. But I did have a huge headache. When the buses came to take everyone home. I decided to walk home instead.

When I got home, Clara and Josephine were waiting for me. "Where have YOU BEEN!" Josephine screamed. "We need you to help us try on our prom dresses!" I nodded. I quickly and ran up to Josephine's room. I looked all over for the dress.
"It's in my closet, you doofus!" Josephine yelled.
Let me just tell you that Josephine's closet was bigger than my future. She had shelves and shelves of the latest fashion. And I never seen so many shoes at one time. There was pair of shoes that caught my eye. They were these golden, glittered, heeled sandals. I wanted to hold them. I wanted to WEAR them. But they looked extremely uncomfortable. I mean they had a six inch heel.
"HEY! stop standing there and get my dress READY!" Josephine nagged. She gave me a box. I opened it up. I took the dress out. It was a purple glitter gown.
"Are you going to wear those?" I asked.
"Wear what?" Asked Josephine. I pointed over to the heels I fell in love with. Josephine glared at me. "I will NOT be wearing them, because they don't match the dress, idiot!" I nodded in agreement. She grabbed the gown and kicked me out of her room.
After I got Clara's gown ready. I made dinner.
At the dinner table, Clara and Josephine could not stop talking about the prom.
"So CAN I go to the prom?" I asked. Melinda slammed her fist on the table.
"No! You will NOT go to the prom. No one likes you, no one needs you, and no one would EVER ask you to prom!" Melinda scowled. Clara and Josephine giggled.
"Maybe Jacob would ask me" I said.
Josephine almost gagged. "No HE WONT, he's going to ask ME!"
"You can go with someone ELSE!" Clara sneered. Melinda stood up from the table.
"ENOUGH! the little brat is NOT going to prom. End of STORY!" Melinda took her glass of wine and spilled it on the carpet purposely.
"Clean THAT UP!" She screamed.