Billie Short story #5

FIRST POV

Two hundred thousand dollars, three men, the mall. Not the greatest idea, but it is what it is. You see, our plan with the money we made during those concerts was to save 20% of the money for ourselves, the rest going to making merch. Just so happens that 20% of it was 200,000 dollars.

Tré was antsy to go shopping, and Mike too. So was I, but for some reason I was nervous. We go out all the fucking time, like now we're in Sacramento because Tré had an appointment with his doctor. We live in Oakland... Anyway,

Mike and Tré eagerly got out of the car after I turned it off. I sat in there, staring at the ceiling of the car. I made a bleh noise before getting out of the car, my chain hitting the car.

I smiled at my boyfriends, before walking towards the mall. (Girls call their girl friends girlfriends, so obviously my boy friends are boyfriends.) My chain wacked my thigh as I walked into the mall, Mike and Tré exchanging confused looks.

"You ok, man?" Tré asked, his face showing his worry.

I sighed as I entered Hot Topic, my heartbeat beating even louder at the song playing. Basket Case. Goddamnit. I walked right into the trap.

One kid looked over at who walked in (aka me and my boyfriends) and their eyes widened. They started walking towards me as I prepared for the conversation. Their mom looked over and then at me, confused. Damnit the mom doesn't recognize me? Fuck i thought to myself as the kid stopped in front of me.

"I'm Lee!" He reached his hand out for a handshake, I giving it to him.

"Hi Lee," I said, really trying to not roll my eyes.

Lee looked at me and then Mike and Tré, confused.

"Is he always this.... Annoyed?" He asked them.

Mike and Tré shook their heads. Fuck, now everyone's seeing my weird demeanor. I ran my hands over my face, sighing.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a bit stressed out right no-" I cut off by the kid hugging me tightly. It's like he knew I needed a tight hug. His hug felt genuine too...

"Billie," Lee spoke after we broke apart. His mom quickly sighed after hearing "Billie." Lee grabbed my face, lowering me about two inches to his height. "I'm eighteen. I just started my own band, The Fuck Ups, I'm stressed as hell. And maybe telling you my problems doesn't work for you to make you less stressed but-"

I cut him off by kissing him. He was a bit taken aback, but quickly melted into the kiss. In the corner of my eye, I saw his mom facepalm before leaving the store, slipping me a note for Lee.

I pulled us apart from the kiss, Lee's face with a smile plastered on it. I looked down at the note, chuckling at what it said, before handing it to Lee. He took it and looked down at it, reading it aloud,

"Tell Lee he's walking home tonight, either that or you can drive him home. I'll be expecting him back in two days or less. Have fun you two, he's thirty bucks."

Lee slightly shook his head, I laughing.

"We don't need the thirty bucks, we've already got 200k," I point out, Lee chuckling...