Billie story #4

Billie furiously typed away on his typewriter. The year was 1982, and his dad had just passed. He was writing a chapter in his journal about it all and how much he wanted to curl up into a ball and cry-

"Shut up, narrator!" Billie whispered yelled at me.

Sorry dude, this's my job, can't shut up.

Billie pushed his typewriter away, after writing his chapter and brought out his songwriting notebook he always carried with him everywhere. At. All. Times. He started writing a song called Wake Me Up When September Ends, about his father passing.

Once he finished that he got up from his table and reluctantly went downstairs after his mom called for him. All he wanted to do was mope around in his room and sleep or maybe play some music. He invited Mike and Tré over, but they were busy with their own lives, and Billie didn't want to intervene. He hasn't told them yet, as the funeral is in a few weeks.

"Billie," his mother said, snapping him from his thoughts. "Let's go out for dinner tonight, ok? We need to cheer up a lil." Ahe ruffled his hair. "Wanna dye it again?"

Billie looked at Ollie, feeling a mixture of joy, sadness, anger, and happiness. "Where to for dinner?" He finally asked. "And sure."

"Let's head to...-"

"Christie Road?" Billie's eyes lit up, and began nearly getting excited. Christie Road was both a restaurant AND a place by the tracks. And this restaurant was Billie's favourite.

"Sure, if that's what you want," his mom chuckled as her son began jumping up and down. She was surprised at how sad and depressed he looked that quickly became happy and energetic.

Ollie grabbed her car keys, and the two of them got ready to leave, when a knock at the front door was heard.

"Go get the door," Ollie ordered Billie.

Billie answered the door, and Mike and Tré were on the other side.

"Decided to join you two for dinner," Tré joked.

Billie's eyes lit up even more when he saw Tré holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate.

"Uhm-" Tré began stuttering, trying to find the right words to say. "Iloveyouandigotyousomeflowersandchocolate," he said fairly quickly. "Wanna go on a date sometime?"

Billie nearly passed out, as he eagerly nodded his head.

Tré and Billie grabbed each other's hands, them interlocking, as the four of them began to leave. Billie looked at the front door after Ollie locked it, and asked "What about dad? Is he not coming?"

Then Billie's eyes widened as he remembered that his father just passed away. Billie began crying, and Tré, even though he was confused as hell, hugged Billie. Mike looked over and quickly ran over to join in the hug.

Mike looked at Ollie and mouthed, "what's wrong with his dad?"

Ollie hesitantly answered, "he passed away last night."

Mike and Tré's eyes suddenly widened and they hugged Billie tighter. "So that's why..."

Ollie opened the minivan, allowing the three ten year olds to enter in, there to comfort Billie.

Billie rested his head on Tré's shoulder, slowly falling asleep as his mom starts the car. Tré wrapped his arms around Billie, embracing him....