Chapter 4

The moon hung high in the sky, a radiant orb of silver light, casting a soft glow over the Storm Forest. Stars twinkled like scattered diamonds against the deep velvet of night, illuminating the ancient trees with an ethereal shimmer. A gentle breeze whispered through the leaves, carrying the sweet scent of blooming night flowers, while the distant sounds of the forest cradled the night in a soothing lullaby.

Melissa laid her eyes upon the child, her heart swelling with warmth.

"Dost thou know, little angel? Hunters came today, to hunt me. I may be a dark fae feared by thy kind, but I promise to remain by thy side, my little angel."

The baby giggled, her laughter like the chime of tiny bells, filling the air with joy. Melissa leaned closer, a soft smile on her lips as she blessed the child.

"Thou shalt be blessed with love all by thy side, 

In laughter and joy, may thy heart ever abide. 

With the light of the stars and the moon's gentle glow, 

Know thou art cherished, wherever thou go."

The baby giggled, reaching out to grasp the tiny spark of light that danced playfully around her, its glow illuminating her cherubic face.

Melissa smiled, her heart swelling with affection as she watched the child's delight.

"Good night, little one. I shall see thou tomorrow," she whispered softly, her voice a gentle caress in the stillness of the night.

With a graceful flutter of her dark wings, she floated into the air, ascending toward the moonlit canopy of the forest. The glow of the stars enveloped her, a shimmering embrace as she vanished into the night, leaving behind a lingering warmth and the promise of her return.

***

The throne room of the Moon Kingdom was a grand testament to elegance and power. Tall, arched windows framed with deep blue velvet curtains let in streams of silvery moonlight, illuminating the intricately carved walls adorned with scenes of celestial events and mythical creatures. The floor was laid with polished marble tiles that glimmered underfoot, reflecting the soft light from ornate chandeliers made of crystal and silver. At the far end of the room, the throne itself stood majestically, crafted from obsidian and adorned with moonstone inlays that sparkled like stars against the dark backdrop.

The air was thick with anticipation, the atmosphere a blend of tension and regal authority as King Julius stood before his throne, his piercing blue eyes locked onto Arthur, the hunter who had returned from the Storm Forest.

"What do you mean you failed?" Julius demanded, his voice echoing against the high ceilings.

Arthur bowed lowly, his head nearly touching the floor. "I am sorry, Your Majesty. The fae is too powerful with her sisters."

Julius narrowed his eyes, a flicker of contemplation crossing his face. "Sisters?" He turned to his wife, Queen Marigold, who stood beside him, concern etched on her features.

"It is an opportunity," he said, a cunning grin slowly spreading across his face as he looked back at Arthur. "Describe the sisters."

Arthur straightened, a hint of relief in his voice as he began, "The sisters are light fae. They are named Ivory and Miriam."

A dark gleam appeared in Julius's eyes as he processed this new information.

"Good," he said, a satisfied smile crossing his lips. He turned to the Butler standing at the side of the throne. "Send the invitations for tomorrow's christening to the two light fae and not the worthless dark fae."

The Butler nodded, taking quick notes as he stepped back, ready to carry out the King's orders.