6. I want a divorce!

"I am not going to book your tickets

"I am not going to book your tickets. You are living with me. Until our divorce. What will I tell my Mom? The girl I married left me on the first day of the wedding".

"We are not married, Evan"!

"We are. We are married, and it doesn't matter that we get married forcefully. But we are married, and you can't leave me until our divorce is final".

"Care to explain when I get married to you? And how did I end up here? What am I doing here"?
"Evan, stop kidding. My dad will bury you under that ground".

I ran my hand through my hair took a deep breath and told her the whole story her mouth was hung open and her eyes were full of tears

"Don't cry, don't cry", I say to her, and her tears start flowing. She is crying like a baby who lost her toy. Her face is covered with her tears her cheeks turn more pink. And her lips are in a pout. "She is cute! Shut up, Evan"!

"Oh my bhabhi don't cry"! Tara and Aarav covered her in a hug, and she cried loudly, putting her head on Tara's shoulder. Aarav was caressing her hair and wiping her tears. They like her more than me.

I shake my head, and a smile comes to my face looking at her crying face.

"I want a divorce," she says while sobbing.

"After six months". I say, and she starts crying more.

I pull her by her waist and put my palm on her mouth. She is too loud.

Shhh! I say and wipe her tears." I am not someone who will hurt you". I said, and She looked at me with her shining eyes.

"Yes, you marry someone who will take care of you more than himself. And probably not let anyone hurt you. You are lucky that you got married to Bhai. What if they force you to marry someone from their tribe? You will get stuck with them for the rest of your life" Tara says, and she nods while wiping her tears.

"Means I am a married woman", she says, and all of us nod.
"It means now I have to take permission from you for everything". She says, and I shake my head.

"You will not stop me from meeting my dad"? I shake my head.
"I will never stop you". I say and she smiles.

"You will never slap me" right!? She says, and my eyes widen.
"Who slap you"? I ask, and she gets into deep thoughts.

"Evan, you are inside, right"? Mom yelled while knocking, and everyone started running into the room.

I took her in my arms made her sit inside the closet, and closed the door. And ran to open the door for Mom.

I opened the door and saw her angry.
"You came, and you didn't even care to come to me and tell me that you are back. You know how much I was in tension", She said and hugged me, and I hugged her back.