Part 58

Chapter 48

LADY MARGOT FENRING

The meeting with the so-called Preacher had been mind-numbing; even now, as she thought about his face, his movements, and his powers, she felt her body shiver. There was an omniscience to him, a power similar in feel to the Emperor itself, for when he touched you or turned towards you, it felt as if he touched and saw your very soul.

That small meeting had taken a toll on her, and yet she had a duty, and so as soon as she returned to her room, she sent a message to the 'Pillars' about the success of her mission and now she found herself at the center of their virtual gathering once more, with the representative from the Guild right behind her.

"So, is he really the one we have been seeking?" came teh question from the Bene Tleilaxu, and she nodded her head, the thrill of that ominous power still lingering in her mind.

"He is," she acquiesced as she felt all their gazes land on her.

"I saw the man walk through Arrakis, Kazab's city, preaching against him and his rule with no care," she began telling them of the scenes she had witnessed, of the sheer prowess in those weak bones.

"Inzal's men walked by him, helpless, as if blind to him, confirming the rumor that the man has the ability to evade Inzal's all-seeing gaze. He moved through the desert as a blur; I could not even sense him coming close to me as he passed on his message." She finished, and she knew in her heart that this was it.

This was the salvation they had been hoping for, the savior they had been needing to combat Inzal Kazab Corrino's all-seeing powers.

"But how can we trust him, and moreover, how could we even transport a force large enough to Arrakis without the Emperor seeing it all," was the addition from the Bene Gesserit order as the whole gathering became quiet.

For this was the greater issue. Or the Grand issue, to move a force, one substantial enough to lead a grand attack on the Emperor, while avoiding his all-seeing eyes.

For that was how they worked. Inzal Kazab Corrino had another name, one given to him by allies and enemies alike. 'The All Seeing', for Inzal Kazab Corrino saw all, beyond the confines of space, he saw all the galaxy, all of the Imperium it was what allowed him to govern the empire as he had, while fighting a most deadly war against the Ixians and their allied forces.

"We could try and draw the Emperor out from Arrakis," came a suggestion.

"He has only ever left Arrakis twice. Initially to visit Selusa Secundus to cement the loyalty of the Saradukar, and then for Kaitain where Princess Irulan now rules to shift the Royal Court from Kaitain to Arrakis," came the answer.

"Goading him into leaving Arrakis would be nearly impossible," added the Guild Navigator, Eric from behind.

"The only ever instance of the Shields of Arrakis falling are from the time of the kanli more than a decade ago, when he faced Paul Atreides for the throne. Since then, the shields over Arrakis have not fallen, ever," added the Reverend Mother solemnly, for that was their last gamble.

The very thing that had turned the Emperor's wrath upon them, and after that, the sisterhood had been hunted down with prejudice, and now, as they all stood here, each and every one of their respective orders was on the blink of absolute decimation.

"Sacrifices will have to be made," the Bene Tleilaxu assassin added as she felt his silhouette begin to shift.

"Sacrifices that will require some of us to put down our lives so that the rest may carry on in this fight," and with that she heard the sound of footsteps as her heart began to thrum despite her Prana Bindu training as a shiver ran down her spine as if she was the very presence of death.