Chapter Four

Raj🖤

Raj🖤

My mom entered the room with a warm smile, carrying a tray with a steaming cup of coffee and a small birthday cake.

  “Happy Birthday Beta!” she exclaimed, setting the tray down.

  I looked up from my phone, a hint of a smile on my face.

  “Thank You Mummy” I said, getting up to hug her.

  She hugged me tight, her eyes shining with love.

  “Twenty–seven today! You're growing up to be an amazing person, Beta. I am proud of you and I love you.

  I chuckled, feeling a mix of nostalgia and gratitude. I missed those days when both Mom and Dad came to wish me. But I think I should drop the idea of my Dad showing up on my Birthday because he doesn't have time for his family. 

  Mom handed me the coffee and a slice of cake. “ What do you want for your birthday?” She asked. 

  “Nothing” I replied, circling the top of the cup.

  “Ok, but make sure you enjoy your day today” she patted my back and walked towards the door and the door shut behind her.

  After my mom left, I picked up my phone and opened my social media account. Everyone who knows me including my teammates were wishing me. Some were putting stories on their Instagram Account and some were directly messaging me. My WhatsApp was also swamped by all the birthday wishes. 

Time Skipped 

  I was a little overwhelmed by the wishes, and of course because it was my birthday and for the world, I was the happiest person. 

  And thanks to me as I had been portraying myself as a Casanova in everyone's eyes.

  I was not a fan of celebrating birthdays and all but as my mom told me to enjoy my day and my teammates were also insisting that I should celebrate with them. Now that they won't let my birthday go without a celebration, we were celebrating my birthday on the Football practice ground and they've been uploading pics from there.

  After everything was done, I got my phone in my hand then I started scrolling and checking my dm's. My notifications were going crazy, the wishes, the tagged post and mentioned insta stories.

  Our Eston Club Instagram account was also putting my picture with a caption of Happy Birthday and mentioned me, so I repost it. After I reposted it, I got a text that replied to my repost.

  I don't know but that one text was grabbing my attention, that one text that says “Happy Birthday Dear.  God bless you”. It was a normal birthday wish like everyone else's text. But suddenly my heart was beating a little bit faster than usual after I saw that text and the name of whom it belonged to. 

  I knew her, not really. We were friends since Facebook was a big thing. Even there we only text each other on special occasions like birthdays, Christmas and comments on each other's posts.

  It was not the first time she's wishing me on my Birthday but this time I just feel different.

_______________

Next morning when I woke up, I just can't stopped thinking about that one particular message and the person who send it was running on my mind for what fucking reason I don't know.

  I know she was attractive and most important kind hearted but that doesn't mean that I should approach her from nowhere, even though we've been friends for so long because we only know each other online.

  But my heart was not on my side and my inner self  was clearly instructing me and saying “You should approach her” I ignored it at first but then automatically my fingers tapped to her profile and then I texted her.

  Me: “Hey” My heartbeat was faster than the Usian bolt.

    Her: Hello

   Me: “what's up? I hope you are enjoying winter.” what I am saying, please somebody stop me.

  Her: Yes, I am enjoying it. It's my second favorite month.

 After a little bit of enlightening chats, I finally asked for her WhatsApp number and as I say she is a kind hearted person so she gave her number to me.

  Did I just catch myself smiling at her text? What is going on with me?

  My life was a mess, drowning in darkness. Sometimes I am afraid of it, what if I get close to someone and my darkness would drag that someone into my world.

  For the first time after what happened in my life, this was the moment I genuinely smiled and my heart was still beating and it was beating because of this girl who I only talk to online.

 Now that I have her number but I don't have words to say and I really don't know about this strange feeling of me towards her. 

  So I just dropped a “Hey, it's Raj” and then she replied “hey”. I didn't text her after that because I was not sure about this feeling. 

  I thought It was just an attraction that's why I decided to disappear and not text her for a month, but I was wrong. The more I ignore my feelings the more I get an instance.

  The tournament is near and I should focus on it and not focus on these stupid feelings and all. 

  I need a distraction. “Hey, wanna hangout? “ I texted one of the girls that was ready to distract me in a sense of making out.

  I hope I got distracted. 

  Because I don't think I deserve her.