Chapter Twelve

Hi 👋 the test was today and it was OK... I might be able to make a good grade. It depends. BUT comment, please! It helps AND I might improve my writing that way...

Once Dex had glittered back into focus and brought a smile on his face and Lovise and his alchemy set, including his hair dye colours, Fitz went over to Dex and asked with a glare at Lovise: "Why did you bring HER? I told you I'd take the hair dye option!" 

The strawberry blonde elf shrugged. He said that Lovise had forced him to, since she had been locked in a frosted cabinet way too small for her muscly body. "I got Lex to frost the cabinet. It was fun and definitely worth it!" 

Sophie giggled. It was funny imagining Lovise with her rock-hard goblin muscles and stealthy body cramped in a tiny tea cabinet. But it also explained why Lovise's hair was frozen to icicles. Her body, which was usually grey and flexible, was now blue and so stiff she moved like a statue. Which led her to why Sandor wasn't there: it would have been weird to have him join the sleepover. 

Sophie had put her bodyguard in a fuse box in the forbidden cities, figuring he would survive. But it had been a day and A NIGHT and he was still in the box...assuming he hadn't wriggled his  way out. 

So she told her friends that she was going to make a quick trip to the forbidden cities and leaped away in a hurry, worries spiralling through her head. What if he was... she couldn't bring herself to finish the horrifying thought. He was fine. He was tough and he was always going to be there for her. She had to get him out of there.

When she arrived in front of the huge Tudor style house she sprinted to the fuse box, which was placed centrally next to a tree, and ripped open the door: inside was Sandor, looking...Sophie flung her arms around him and tears ran down her cheeks.

 "Are you OK? I'm SOOOOO sooo sorry for that. I was stupid and didn't give you credit for trying to protect me always...but really I like you.And I hope you can forgive me." She gave him her best puppy-eyes look and saw his heart melting. 

"It's fine, Miss Foster. I forgive you. It's just good to see you can manage on your own." Sandor hugged her back and they leaped back to Havenfield hand in hand.