Chapter Thirteen

Hi 👋 did u guys like the last chapter? I admit the part with Sandor and the fuse box was sad 😢 and cruel...BUT it was the best idea I had. I still laugh when I imagine Lovise in a tea cabinet, lol... I mean she's HUGE! Also I forgot about the other bodyguards...in case u were wondering. 

When Sophie got back to Havenfield, the first thing she saw was sleeping bags. LOTS of sleeping bags. Everywhere around Calla's tree. Including lanterns that shone softly in warm pink lights and a rainbow stretched across the tree, with the bluish purplish petals fluttering through the air, filling it with a light sweet scent. 

The sleeping bags were arranged in different colours and had pretty name tags on them. Of COURSE it was all sparkly. 

And there was only one person who would have done this. Sophie gasped. It was the most beautiful setup she had EVER seen."Was it you, Biana? How can you be sooo organised!!! I would have never come up with this! This is so nice! Thank you so much!" 

"Sparkles make EVERYTHING better!" Biana tossed her hair and winked. For once, Sophie agreed. Sparkles DID make everything better. 

The only person who didn't seem comfortable with the setup was Tam: he was shifting around, tugging on his bangs and hiding in the shadows, as if the glitter was blinding him.

Sophie also noticed that Biana had put her sleeping bag next to his; she, Sophie was in between Biana and Dex.

 Because Keefe wasn't here. 

Her heart stung at the thought and she sank onto her sleeping bag, starting to arrange the panakes blossoms in a neat circle to distract herself. She sat that way, deep in thought for a while, until Marella came and plopped onto Biana's sleeping bag, which gave a squishing sound as she settled down onto the soft fabric. Her iceblue eyes shimmered and focused on Sophie as she tossed her braids casually, making the highlights in the golden colour glint. "Hey, do you think Dex likes me?" 

"Wh-hatttt?" Sophie stuttered, realising she'd been in a trance. She turned her head until she spotted Dex talking to Biana animatedly...it almost looked like he liked her... but no, she couldn't tell Marella that, could she? 

She was halfway into trying to find a way to tell the casual, pixie-like girl that it was all too possible that Dex didn't like her back; well, at least until she noticed him shooting a quick curious glance at Marella...and it was almost like..."He likes you back." Sophie told her friend with determination. Marella narrowed her eyes as if trying to see whether she was telling the truth. "You think? He seems... a little more interested in Biana." 

"Nah. He used to like her, remember? But he gave up on her months ago! She likes Tam, you know?" 

"Really?" Marella's big eyes softened as she stared at Dex with a dreamy look on her face. 

"Really."