Chapter Nine

"Soooooooooo....what games should we play?" Biana asked, her teal eyes sparkling mischievously. They had seated themselves in Sophie's room and Marella had joined them  after lightleaping to Havenfield. Marella was wearing a tunic the same color as her eyes and the pixie-like girl was twirling the tiny braids scattered throughout her hair thoughtfully. "Yeah, uh, good question. Maybe... I dunno... that human game that Sophie told us about...'Never have I ever,' right?" 

Sophie shrugged."Sure thing. Should I explain the rules?" "Nah. We know." 

"Okay. Linh, wanna start? I have a bad feeling about this..." They all stuck up ten fingers. "So...Never have I ever... kissed someone in this room," Linh said this with a squeaky voice, as if she had something to hide. 

Linh took one finger down and blushed madly. So did Wylie and Biana. Had they all kissed someone? 

When was Sophie going to have her first kiss? Was it going to be soon? And, more importantly, was it going to be with KEEFE? What if their new relationship would destroy their friendship? 

She shoved her intruding thoughts away, tugged at an itchy eyelash and flicked it away. She had tried to stop the stupid habit, with no success. She was snapped back into reality by Marella squealing: "OMG! You guys kissed someone? Like, on the lips? Who did you kiss?"

"Marella, that's not part of the game!" Biana shook her head violently. 

"Awwwww, come on!!! Was it...wait. Was it Keefe? Cause if it was, please don't interrupt the great Team Foster-Keefe!!! I mean, aren't they like a thing now?"

Biana nodded. "That's a yes for all of those questions. And I love Team Foster-Keefe. I USED to like Keefe. Now I don't. And yeah, I am totally okay with Sophie and Keefe as boyfriend and girlfriend!!!" 

"Are you sure?" Sophie asked as she tugged out another eyelash and turned her face to Biana. "Are you kidding, Sophie? I'm positive!!! You guys are PERFECT for each other!" Sophie couldn't help but feel relieved. Inside, her brain was fist punching in the air and basically screaming YAYYYYYY!!! but on the outside she was just her calm self, trying not to let her immense relief show. 

"Who wants to go next?" Sophie had decided that it was time for a subject change as she looked around the room curiously.

 After playing a couple of more rounds, they decided to eat the mallowmelts that were still outside and drink some lushberry juice to go with it for dinner. As always, Edaline's baked mallowmelts were delicious. 

The sweet soft squishy square was like a cloud in Sophie's mouth: it was iced with caramel and inside there was brown juice that tasted like cinnamon and sugar. It exploded in her mouth, sending out warmth and comfort. Sophie wiped away the juice that was running down her chin, making a mental note to thank Edaline later.