Chapter four

Hey Guys,I'm sorry for not writing so long! I wasn't in the mood and I didn't have great ideas. So don't be mad if this isn't good...  I know I don't have many readers yet 😂

Sophie? Sophie? Hey Sophie! It's Fitz! Dex is approaching our base! Where are you? Wait. SOPHIE. WHY  ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT KEEFE SO MUCH RIGHT NOW?I CAN SEE HIM IN YOUR HEAD!!!Sophie, please. I want to know what's wrong with my former girlfriend! Please. Tell me the truth! What is going on with you and Keefe? 

Fitz.

Sophie transmitted that one word. She couldn't say more. Her heart was thumping and her brain thought of ALL the terrible  ways Fitz could react. She counted her breath, but stopped at 234. Fitz had given and sacrificed so much for her, although his temper could be.... he could be a jerk. A Jerk who had always lost his temper on her and blamed her for Alden's break. He also still cared about the matchmaking system that elves were supposed to follow. And Sophie was unmatchable. She knew he cared about her, and he was mostly a sweet guy who gave her lots of presents. But...he was a Vacker. A family where she'd never fit in. The Vackers were royalty in the elvin world, and that was the reason Fitz was jealous of her; he had always been wonder boy, always the pretty boy, the movie star who was perfect AND manifested at a young age. Until she came. The Moonlark with the brown eyes who had five abilities. More than him.

Everybody wanted to be like him. 

While her brain was loudly chanting: Lie to Fitz! Lie to Fitz and say it was something Keefe sent you telepathically! Lie!Lie!Lie! Her heart said something different. So Sophie decided to follow her heart. 

I'm so sorry Fitz. I.... I don't like you anymore. I like Keefe. I guess I always have.I still like you, but not in that way. She told him these shocking few words. And then the whole truth. The whole hurtful truth. Even though she knew he was devastated, this was her only chance of letting him and her move on. The only way to free herself of this big, messy love triangle.

As soon as the words left her head she heard Fitz roar:"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Even though she and Biana were at a safe distance, Sophie could hear his sadness and anger mixed all within his voice. I'm so sorry. Then the relief hit her, hit her hard. Sophie choked as a sob left her throat and all the feelings of hate, love and worry for Fitz vanished in one breath. Her knees buckled and she fell on the soft, perfectly trimmed gras of Everglen. She had never, ever, in her life, felt so much relief. It was overwhelming. After what seemed like a minute she felt warm arms wrap around her and let herself sink into unconsciousness.