21-22

Chapter 21

People who deal with danger all year round will develop a "sense of smell" that can determine whether a person has murderous intent.

Kunikida Doppo could clearly smell... from that person

- complete murderous intent. Complete nothingness. She treats all life, including her own, with a cold and playful sneer.

When Kunikida rushed to the foot of the clock tower alone, he thought of Osamu Dazai when he first arrived at the detective agency.

The young man with wild eyes is like a river that looks sunny and sunny, but there seems to be something unknown hidden under the water.

Under the frivolous smile, a frightening dark substance would seep out from time to time. That was... the pitch-black corpse broke free from the weeds and floated slightly out of the river.

Why did he encounter all the crazy people? And each one is sicker than the other!

Something happened in an instant, causing Kunikida Doppo to fiercely stare again.

——At the same moment that Nagashima Kumi fell from the tower, April 1st Ji fell with it.

It's murder.

It is also suicide.

Stretching his arms and raising his head, seeing the two men falling sharply, Kunikida was unable to say anything.

===

Sometimes I like to stare into people's eyes.

Eyes are more real, shorter and more powerful than words, and closer to the soul.

These eyes were filled with tears, and were so frightened that they went blank.

I saw in her eyes my own face, which was too cold to be human, and her eyes as red as lava in the dark night. Once again, I accidentally lost control of my expression management.

I also saw...pleading, regret, and desire to live.

——If people don’t embrace death to the maximum extent, they can’t experience life to the maximum extent.

——Those who really want to leave will remain absolutely silent. On an ordinary and sparse day, they will never come back. Only those who expect to be retained will linger.

I, who know these truths well, will allow her to die.

Now that she was dying, she realized that she never wanted to do this.

If she jumped off the building alone, regret would be of no use.

But tonight is different.

I am coming. I will change everything.

——Thoughts are flying, and reality only passes for a few milliseconds.

The strong wind filled my ears, I stretched out my right hand to the girl, tears patted her face, and I hugged her waist with my right arm.