Conversations With Shadows by: DakotaStacy3

Written by: DakotahStacy3

¸¸♬·¯·♪·¯·♫¸¸ 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽¸¸♫·¯·♪¸♩·¯·♬¸¸

(because music is life)

ﮩـﮩﮩ٨ـ🎧🫀🎶ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

1979- Smashing pumpkins 🎃🚶😓
Little deschutes- Laura Veirs 🥀
The Funeral- Band of Horses 🪦
Oh Ana- Mother Mother 🐓🕊️
Telepath- Crystal Castles 🔮💎🏰
The Perfect Girl- Mareux 🚶‍♀️💃
Lovers From The Past- Mareux 💑💞
Devil Town- Mother Mother (version) 😈🏘️
Dead to me- Melanie Martinez 💀🪦
I'm With You-Avril Lavigne 🏃‍➡️🫂🏃
Genesis- Grimes ☠️🧚
Navy Light- Labyrinth Ear 🌙🐈‍⬛
Protection Charm- Miguel Angeles 🪽🗡️

{13 𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖘}

Bonus: (because there's so many great songs)

Cigarettes out the Window- TV Girl 🩷💙
The Cigarette Duet- Princess Chelsea 🚬
Kletka- Molchat Doma 🏚️
After Dark- Mr. Kitty 🌃
Oblivion- Grimes.
You'll miss me when I'm not around- Grimes 🕰️👤
Vanished- Crystal Castles 👤🏰
Zombie- The Cranberries
Which Witch- Florence & The Machine 🧙🏻‍♀️☯️
One- Logic (feat. Frank Sinatra)

[Also had these three, but don't know if they fit as well as the others do. But figured I'd still leave em here.]
&- Tally Hall 🎸☯️
This isn't the end- Owlcity 🦉🌌 (very sad, but not sure if it fits the exact vibe)
Yellow lines- Ryan Caraveo 🛣️🚧 (also a bit different from the top ones, but I think it works)

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

~𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓼~

   Life in Luton was as small and boring as the town itself. Being founded in the 1800's or something. Luton was another small, boring, and very old town in Arkansas. I'm not quite sure why anyone would purposely choose to stay here.
But my parents decided to.

   Now I'm stuck here. Have been for 10 years or so.
My name is Hazel Wynter. Yeah- like Winter but spelt funny. Parents, right?
And I'm know as an outcast. As in, that one 'weird' girl in the back of the class, that wears mostly black.

No one ever seemed to notice me. But now- I prefer it that way. I write in this journal, with headphones blasting whatever music I'm enjoying at the time.
That's the way I enjoy life, by ignoring it.

With a click of a pen, I had finished my writing for the day. Closing my leather-bound journal with a snap. Gathering my things then walking home.
Passing people in the town, friends gathered at a store, a couple on a date, some old people feeding birds in the park, that kinda stuff.

Everyone was amped up for Halloween. Decorating every house and store, with ghouls, goblins, lights, skeletons, and of course fake blood. It was everywhere you looked.
Kids running around to find a costume, while their parents freaked out over all the soon to be eaten candy. Ready to tell their kids about hidden razor blades- so they could steal the candy for themselves.

For years I had walked through this town, moving like a shadow through the air. It became a regular occurrence for people to bump into me, completely unaware of my presence.

Yet I had always noticed every little detail. How every person I passed looked, what type of cars drove by, the kids who threw tantrums and even down to the leaves that fell.

But now I had become tired of it, numb to feelings. As if I was no longer living on the same plane as everyone else. It was just me, my journal and headphones.