fσυя

A few days later, Nagi found another letter waiting for him, and once again, Reo was far more excited about it than he was

“Another one!” Reo said, handing the envelope to Nagi. “She must be really into this.”

Nagi took it, raising an eyebrow. “Isn’t she supposed to be? It’s for school.”

“Sure, but look!” Reo pointed to the letter’s edge, where small, colorful doodles lined the border—flowers, stars, and tiny soccer balls.

Nagi shrugged, opening the letter slowly. He started to read, his eyes skimming over the neat lines.

~

Hey Nagi,

Thanks for writing back! You say you like playing games on your phone—what kind? I play sometimes too, but I’m not that great at it. Also, do you have any favorite foods? Or any shows you like to watch?

By the way, how’s soccer going? You must be pretty dedicated to it! I’m looking forward to your next letter. I’ll doodle something new for you next time. :)

-Y/n ( ‘-ωก̀ )

~

Nagi stared at the letter for a second, a small frown on his face. Favorite foods? Shows? Why was she so interested in these little things?

Reo, noticing his expression, snickered. “She’s probably just trying to get to know you. You know, like people do.”

Nagi sighed, pulling out a blank sheet of paper. “This is… a hassle.”

“Just answer her questions. It’s not that hard,” Reo replied, chuckling.

So Nagi wrote:

~

Hey,

I don’t watch many shows, but I like instant noodles and lemon tea. Soccer’s okay. It’s tiring sometimes.

You like doodling, huh? You’re pretty good at it. Thanks, I guess.

-Nagi

~

He handed it to Reo, who shook his head, amused. “You’re really giving her the bare minimum, huh?”

“Isn’t that enough?” Nagi muttered, leaning back in his chair.

As the days went on, the letters from Y/n kept coming. She kept asking questions, each letter decorated with her little doodles. And even though Nagi never admitted it, he started to read them with a little more attention each time.

Maybe… this penpal thing isn’t as boring as he thought.