тωєℓνє

Nagi was zoning out in clas, his mind drifting to thoughts of the festival

Nagi was zoning out in clas, his mind drifting to thoughts of the festival. But his daydream was interrupted as the teacher cleared her throat.

“Listen up, everyone! As part of your penpal project, you’ll be required to send a small gift to your penpal. It should be something that represents you, your hobbies, or something meaningful from home.”

The class buzzed with excitement, and Nagi felt a nudge on his shoulder. Reo leaned over, looking way too eager.

“So, what are you gonna send her?” Reo smirked. “Let me guess… a soccer ball?”

Nagi sighed. “No way. That’s too much of a hassle. I don’t even know what she’d want.”

On his other side, Chigiri, who had overheard, raised an eyebrow. “You could send something simple but personal. Doesn’t have to be extravagant.”

Nagi shrugged. “Nothing I have is that interesting.”

Reo laughed. “Come on, Nagi. It’s not about being interesting. It’s about giving her a glimpse of you. Maybe something from a game or, I don’t know, something you’ve kept around.”

Nagi thought for a moment. Chigiri was right — he didn’t have to go overboard. Just something small. But the idea of picking a “keepsake” still felt like too much work. He mulled it over, feeling oddly determined to find something she’d actually like.

...

Later that night, as he lazily rummaged through his things, his gaze landed on an old keychain he’d won at a gaming event. It wasn’t anything fancy, but he’d kept it around. Turning it over in his hand, he felt a tiny spark of hope that Y/n might find it kind of… cool.

With a sigh, he tossed it into an envelope. Guess it’s good enough, he thought, hoping it was the right choice.

 Guess it’s good enough, he thought, hoping it was the right choice